Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In labor problem

(3 Posts)
JMustapha Tue 22-Apr-14 12:57:03

Thanks flippyflapper.

flippyflapper Tue 22-Apr-14 12:21:00

I can't see any need for unless yoi wife has problems or waters have gone.

theu would usually leave you to progress your self unless well over due.

but I suppose different countries different rules etc.

Maybe ask why they feel it nesssary if you and your wife would rather not take this approach.

good luck

JMustapha Tue 22-Apr-14 02:14:56

Greetings,

I am a father-to-be currently in China. Here's my situation:

The first day of my wife's LMP was 7/7/2013, her average menstrual cycle of last 7 months was 34 days (the median number was 36). So her estimated due date would be 4/19/2014 - 4/21/2014. She found her "bloody show" at last Saturday morning, she began to feel contraction at yesterday (Monday) evening, the frequency and duration of her contraction was 10mins and 30secs respectively, the pain was mild. She fell asleep at 3am, when she get up at 6am, she found the contraction was gone, the baby is still OK.
The doctor here in China just now recommended her to use some medicine to ripen her cervix as well as boosting contraction, I don't know whether this is a good practice or should we wait? Suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Difei

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now