Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My baby has arrived!

(10 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Mon 21-Apr-14 13:04:01

Just wanted to thank all the lovely ladies for supporting me with going ahead with an ELCS after a traumatic first birth with dd1. Our beautiful dd2, baby Emilia was born on Tuesday by planned section weighing 7lb 13oz. I was given the option to be discharged after 36 hours but made the decision to stay for 3 days to maximise the support which I never had first time round. It really helped. Dp stayed the whole time in hospital with us in a lovely private room with ensuite. Emilia is 6 days old now and my scar is barely noticeable. I'm still taking paracetamol and occasional diclofenac but pottering happily around the house. I can only speak positively of my ELCS and have the utmost praise for the consultant anaesthetist and obstetrician whom I was so so lucky to have perform my surgery. To anyone who is scared of an upcoming section, trust me, I was paralysed by fear in the weeks leading up to it to the point of very nearly changing my mind, but really and truly it was a wonderful and liberating experience grin

MostlyMama Mon 21-Apr-14 13:05:08

Aw how lovely.

LCHammer Mon 21-Apr-14 13:12:22

Congratulations! What a lovely time for your family.

Mummywithlove Mon 21-Apr-14 13:16:24

congratulation. xx brew grin

feelinlucky Mon 21-Apr-14 13:17:08

Amazing! Well done you and congratulations x

swampusdonkus Mon 21-Apr-14 13:55:20

Congratulations! Glad it was a positive experience after the worry. Enjoy your little one x

lucyfluff Mon 21-Apr-14 14:13:54

Awww congratulations smile I read your other thread yesterday and wondered how it all went...great news!!!

squizita Mon 21-Apr-14 14:16:45

Congrats. Lovely name, too!

So glad your c section went well, must have been a huge relief.

studentvera Mon 21-Apr-14 15:23:57

Thank you that's made me feel better as have one next week grin

weebigmamma Mon 21-Apr-14 15:31:45

Yay!!! Congratulations. I am so delighted that you had a positive experience. I had my ELCS a week before you and my experience was the same- SO much nicer than the traumatic delivery with my first and despite the surgery the recovery has been far easier as well. Apart from the odd wobble (see other threads lol!) my mood is so much better as well. I love your daughter's name. Well done on going through with it! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now