Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

where do you count from after a miscarriage?

(10 Posts)

Blimin phone was negative, just gotta wait for my af I guess!

Did a test today csme out negatuv

squizita Mon 21-Apr-14 19:31:22

That sounds awful care. sad

Google "miscarriage Association" they have good clear medical facts/leaflets and a helpline for questions. x

So sorry tohear of allyour losses ladys ,I've not been offered or told Anythin (even though I've been bk to the doctors twice since it happend )or by the hospital was more of here's a lefleat we'll keep your book and away you go , didnt offer me any advice or anythin feel a bit lost.

mylittlemonkey Mon 21-Apr-14 18:16:42

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I have had two missed miscarriages and each time I counted from the first day the miscarriage started, as you would with AF. I recall how desperate I was to get pg again and went and bought ovulation testing sticks and other devices to make sure I knew exactly when I was ovulating so you could always do that. Ovulation testing sticks are v cheap on ebay/ amazon. Good luck!

Heatherbell1978 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:50:05

So sorry for your loss:-) I had a m/c in November at 6wks and then fell pregnancy again straight away before having a period. I counted my last period from the day the miscarriage started (I bled for about 4 days), I ovulated exactly 2 weeks after it so it seemed like my normal cycle returned immediately. When I went for my 12 wk scan, my EDD was moved 2 days from my own calculation so it was roughly right for me.

squizita Mon 21-Apr-14 10:05:55

Sorry for your loss. thanks First, have you done a pregnancy test to confirm everything has resolved?
That is very important: a tiny shred of the old placenta could keep HCG up (preventing ovulation) and cause a risk of infection: GPs and Gynies are supposed to do a urine test and scan a few weeks after any loss to ensure it is properly over... were you offered this? Not to mention be heartbreaking if you thought you were pregnant again.

In terms of then when you next ovulate - it really can vary wildly. Generally that's why it's recommended to TTc from after the first period after a loss. You're perfectly able to concieve the month following a loss - but when can be pretty random, completely out of line with usual. Your last bleed wasn't a period, the point you'd count from (if this were a cycle of usual length even) would be when your HCG hit 0.

Thank younew to all this still navigating my wzy

Shallan Mon 21-Apr-14 10:01:06

Firstly, I am sorry for your loss.

The cycle after a miscarriage is very unpredictable - in fact it's referred to as the "wtf cycle" on the miscarriage boards. Knowing which day to count from won't help much, as everything is just so chaotic for one cycle, maybe two.

You may get better advice if you try re-posting this in the miscarriage section, sadly there are a lot of women on there with experience of this.

I had a missed miscarriage early march at 10 weeks baby was dated at 6 ,1 very hsrd to brlive as I'd had an early scan for psins in my side dsting me at 6'3, I started bleeding on the 6th march sadly lost on the 16th stopped bleeding on the 23rd. Were do I count from to start to track my ovulation? I've not done a pregnancy test as I dont want to build my hopes up, I did have a clear sticky discharge a few dsys ago tmi sorry. Could thid have been me ovulating, its so confusing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now