Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Holy Moly it's actually happened!!

(16 Posts)
schmalice Sun 20-Apr-14 14:55:10

Soooo, after 2.5 years of ttc and 2 weeks after we were referred to the hospital it seems that my name has been pulled out the fertility hat and DH and I have got our bfp!!!

The thing is we've spent so long trying that I'm not sure what we do now? I know that in reality we do nothing and wait for a few weeks then speak to the doctor. I just don't really know what I'm supposed to in these very early days. Can someone just give me some instructions or failing that a paper bag to breath in to, tell me that I need to calm down and eat this Easter egg?!

MikeTheShite Sun 20-Apr-14 14:56:07

a huge congratulations thanks

Wings13 Sun 20-Apr-14 14:58:24

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!! grin.not in the uk so don't know what the process is but didn't want to read and ignore!

I would eat the Easter egg and just enjoy the feeling. We were in the same boat 5 years ago and I remember walking around the supermarket with an inane grin on my face just smiling at all the babies- must have looked so strange!

Have a wonderful, healthy, happy pregnancy!!

Spinaroo Sun 20-Apr-14 15:01:40

Wow- congratulations! You must be elated!

No need to wait a few weeks- on Tuesday call your surgery and get a Gp appointment. Chances are they won't want to confirm the pregnancy if you have done a couple of tests but will start the process if booking you in for initial midwife appointment,

Today- eat lots if chocolate and enjoy your fabulous news!

bonzo77 Sun 20-Apr-14 15:02:09

Wonderful news! What to do now? Apart from squeal? Take folic acid and vit D. Get to your gp sooner rather than later so you are "in the system" in time for a 12 week scan.

nyldn Sun 20-Apr-14 15:02:32

Congratulations! What a special day - enjoy!

Mrswellyboot Sun 20-Apr-14 15:03:56

Brilliant news op. we were 18 months and I had a laparoscopy booked, two weeks before it.. Bpf.

You deserve it, will done and congratulations xxxx

Mintyy Sun 20-Apr-14 15:05:43

Oh fab! This happened to dh and I too - we were ttc for about a year but because I was old and lucky with my postcode, I guess, we got a fertility referral very quickly. But I found out I was pregnant before the appointment date came around.

All you can do, for now, is take folic acid and keep your fingers crossed.

Massive congratulations flowers

wewillmendit Sun 20-Apr-14 15:06:35

Ahh how lovely. Yes, do see your GP soon so that your first midwife appointment and scan can be booked.
For today though,enjoy your happy news and eat chocolate! thanks

schmalice Sun 20-Apr-14 15:13:12

Thanks Ladies! I am beyond excited and keep poking DH, who is trying to watch the F1 on tv! You've made me feel less mad about ringing GP on Tuesday, I had thought I should if only to stop the referral so it wasn't a time/money waster for them.

Folic is in hand and fingers well and truly crossed Mintyy I am very early days according to my test so I am aware that we are still in the woods!

it's so lovely to be able to be excited and actually tell people!

Knottyknitter Sun 20-Apr-14 15:23:41

Congrats Schmalice!

Having a similar day here, but at MIL's and SIL here with her 4 weaker, haven't even had chance to tell DP yet! Only month 5 fit us though.

Starting to worry about comments for not having wine with dinner too!

Still Christmas babies eh? :-)

schmalice Sun 20-Apr-14 16:20:12

Bloody hell knotty, that's a whole new level of torture!

We had BIL and SIL here yesterday and she is 6 months gone and I found that hard enough, at least DH knew!! Are you staying over, will you be able to tell him before he asks whey you aren't drinking??

oh and a massive congratulations!! Yes, Christmas is definitely going to be a tad different this year!!

squizita Sun 20-Apr-14 16:51:32

Congratulations! Ring your GP surgery Tuesday, they can get you booked in with the midwife, give you a quick check up. Although they won't scan or anything so early, it's best to get to your GP early because then you get the best appointment with the MW, not crammed in at the end of the day for your 12wk scan. smile

schmalice Wed 23-Apr-14 17:14:20

Thanks ladies! popped in to GP yesterday and they gave me the midwife number straight away. Called them this afternoon and they said I need to wait till 6 weeks and then they'll book me I'm for 10 weeks. I'm 6 weeks next week when DH and I are on hols in Corfu! Will call when I get backed and shall enjoy my first sober holiday in many, many years! God knows what I'll do with myself!

Knottyknitter Wed 23-Apr-14 18:28:43

Strange you can't book your booking yet Schmalice. I have my appointment for 9+5 already and was 4+5 yesterday when I called. Apparently that app is the long admin booking one though, and scan still to fit in soon after that.

Have you seen the antenatal club threads yet? The recent ttc buses from March and April have spilled over onto a new thread over there, which you should join if you like. Just look for the dragons!

polkadotdelight Wed 23-Apr-14 18:32:07

I just wanted to add my Congratulations too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now