Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jelly/snotty discharge

(8 Posts)
hubbahubster Fri 18-Apr-14 20:10:46

Grim, I know...

On Weds I had some jelly-like discharge first thing, so I called the midwife who said it sounded normal. Later I had a bit more and a bit again yesterday. No blood at all and no other symptoms, baby's moving fine. Anybody else experienced this? I have one DC already but didn't have this with previous pregnancy!

LST Fri 18-Apr-14 20:20:07

How far gone are you? It could be your plug

hubbahubster Fri 18-Apr-14 20:35:19

I'm 34 weeks. Haven't had any contractions or tightenings.

Barbsta Fri 18-Apr-14 21:18:51

I had this at about 25ish weeks and now 30 weeks and all is fine smile

Poppet45 Sat 19-Apr-14 00:53:31

Conversely I had this... But shell pink tinged, at 26 +6 weeks and dd arrived within 24 hours. Get checked. A 34 weeker is nothing to worry about... Sub 28 weeks you worry. But advanced notice is v useful medically.

allisgood1 Sat 19-Apr-14 03:03:39

I would just get checked. Can you go to the labour ward? It does sound like your plug.

Roxie85 Sat 19-Apr-14 20:55:44

Clumps of jelly sound like your plug. It can reseal itself so it doesnt mean anything but good to get checked,

justhayley Mon 21-Apr-14 21:57:01

This was my first sign of labour at 34+5 weeks with DS - he arrived at 35.
I had it again at 22 weeks with current bump & panicked & called MW. Because I had a prem last time & it was my first sign of labour I had to go into hospital to be checked. I was told that mucas keeps renewing itself so not always the plug, but can also be the plug so it's worth getting checked out when it happens. I'm now 26+4 & everything is fine.
TBH had a little jelly loss again yesterday but only a pea size, I havn't called MW or got checked out again but I will if I get more or larger bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now