Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Advice needed! Preg Symptoms but Neg bt?

(3 Posts)
WorriedHannah Tue 15-Apr-14 23:40:25

Hi everyone
It's my first post and I hope someone has some advice.

My period is 2 weeks late. Always have used protection but has been 2 occasions over the past 6 weeks where conception could have happened (unplanned).

Over the past 2 weeks I've noticed things such as peeing more, sweating more, feeling faint, nausea, feeling very bloated etc. Over the past week I've had very faint spotting a few of the days but nothing more.

Since Sunday (13th April) I've been getting very bad period style cramps and it feels like i've got a 'bubble' where my knicker line is. I've also been getting stabbing pains around my waist.

I've been to the hospital twice and gp twice and they've all agreed I need to have an ultrasound to see why I'm in pain but because my blood test has come back as not pregnant I'm not a priority. And also a urine sample confirmed i have no infections

I'm really very uncomfortable and stressed wondering what is wrong with me!

Has anyone had anything like this before? I've read on other forums blood tests can be wrong. Even if it wasn't pregnancy, has anyone had a cyst or something similar where they felt like this?

Hope you can help. x

WorriedHannah Tue 15-Apr-14 23:43:02

Oh, also.. when anyone pressed on my lower abdomen it's really tender!

FoxHugs Wed 16-Apr-14 01:26:39

There are always exceptions, but if blood tests are carried out to specifically determine Beta hCG levels (or any presence), their results very accurate (will pick up the minutest levels, unlike urine pregnancy tests).

You most certainly should ask for further tests to get to the bottom of it. Female body is so intricate and susceptible to various problems, there could be several possible explanations to your concerns.

However, it's very important to note that the very same intricacy and complexity of female body means that most of the time it simply has an "episode", a tantrum if you like, without any underlying issue.
What I'm trying to say - try not to worry. It will hopefully turn out to be nothing.

Wish you strength, and good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now