Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hospital bag

(6 Posts)
Barbsta Tue 15-Apr-14 20:03:22

What have you packed? When did you pack it?

Waggamamma Tue 15-Apr-14 20:07:17

I'm only 19 weeks so just following this out of interest.

I've not packed anything but I've picked up some maternity pads and cheapo knickers so far. I've started to make a list of things i'll need.

Waggamamma Tue 15-Apr-14 20:11:19

Carrier bags(for dirty washing) phone charger
Sports water bottle (for post birth pee sting)
money
Mat pads
phone nos
Pants
towel
Pjs
dressing gown
Change clothes to wear home
Food / drink
camera
Breast pads
magazine
Nipple cream
paracetemol
Shampoo
shower gel
Deodorant
Hairbrush
Toothbrush

Blanket
muslins
Wipes
coming home outfit for baby
Cotton wool
bras
Nappies
Sleepsuits
Vests
Cardigan
Scratch mits
Nappy bags
Carseat

Barbsta Tue 15-Apr-14 20:11:49

I'm not far off 30 weeks and have nothing packed and don't really know where to start

I put that bag that I will using on the side and just kept adding to it, by the time I need it the bag is full. Having the bag out is a reminder to get it done, when I'm shopping I just pick up the odd bit here and there. I use ocardo and they quite often have baby stuff on offer so I'll get a few bits with the weekly shop.

I also usually get travel size shower gel/shampoo/body cream. Also cheap flip flops for the shower because the floors are not always 100% clean, an eye mask and ear plugs for when you baby falls asleep when its noisy and you want to sleep too.

There are also times when you are waiting about in bed wide awake (waiting to be given the ok to go home) so magazines other easy reading is good to have with you.

bonbonpixie Thu 17-Apr-14 12:33:20

Something to eat to keep your emery levels up during labour. I found JellyBellys or similar really helped. Esp when you don't feel like eating but need a sugar boost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now