Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Non food related cravings!

(18 Posts)
Hellymummy Tue 15-Apr-14 15:23:46

I never had any cravings with my last pregnancy and up until now I've not had any this time, I'm 32 weeks preg! However now I'm just loving Sellotape. I want to just keep pulling strips off to sniff. When I'm sat watching tele I'm thinking about going to get done Sellotape!! Weird I guess but there must be other weird non food cravings!!!

Sweetpea86 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:00:23

I went through a stage of really wanting to chew bath sponges lol

EllaBella220 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:43:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imnottoofussed Tue 15-Apr-14 19:47:36

I wanted to chew bath sponges as well! Mostly wet with cold water. Glad not the only one grin

biscuitnoodle Wed 16-Apr-14 16:01:40

I love the smell of my flash floor cleaner at the mo. Im excited about mopping and I'm about to get a relaxing bath and I am going to run a sink full of hot water and floor cleaner to smell whilst I relax!!

ithoughtofitfirst Wed 16-Apr-14 17:12:05

biscuitnoodle we had the floors cleaned in our building today I could smell the flash as I got back from my scan. Lush!

Every surface in my flat has been disinfected daily for weeks. I love it!! Dettol, flash, parazone..... heaven

scrufhead Wed 16-Apr-14 17:50:31

It's blue tac for me! I love rolling it about in my hand smile

ithoughtofitfirst Wed 16-Apr-14 18:34:07

Is anyone just smelling things like shampoo? I have spent all afternoon smelling my sunscreen. My mum thinks I've lost the plot.

squizita Wed 16-Apr-14 19:07:44

Thankfully perfume... No one bats an eyelid but I love spritzing testers!

biscuitnoodle Wed 16-Apr-14 19:22:11

It's great to know we are all a bit strange and not on our own!

CrepeFoofette Wed 16-Apr-14 19:31:15

I am ADDICTED to sniffing my sanex shower gel. I have two showers a day so I can rub it all over myself weirdo

I'm so attached to it that it's part of my birth plan grin

Anything 'clean' smelling, like Flash bathroom spray gets a good sniff too.

rachyconks Wed 16-Apr-14 19:39:57

Ice. Beautiful, crunchy ice.

5 days post partum and the craving is still as bad as ever! Will it go away? Anyone's stick around after?

ithoughtofitfirst Wed 16-Apr-14 19:51:49

I just did my nightly dishes and disinfecting session, cupboard doors, hob, tiles .. why is it so satisfying. Dettol and flash. Might do the bathroom again tomorrow. I think I might be obsessed.

CrepeFoofette Wed 16-Apr-14 19:54:12

rachy There is a strong link between crunching ice and anaemia. I had the craving for a few weeks so booked a blood test. Was very surprised that I was anaemic.

CrepeFoofette Wed 16-Apr-14 19:55:31

Posted top soon. After a few weeks of iron-boosting the craving that was really strong has disappeared. I'd recommend getting checked just in case.

Today I couldn't stop sniffing DH because he smelt of Fairy fabric softener. I think this may be my new thing! Mmmmmm!

Darksideofthemoon88 Wed 16-Apr-14 20:27:24

Bleach/chlorine! I drink the pool, sniff my bikini after I've been swimming, love cleaning the bathroom with bleach...

Also another one for chewing sponges soaked in water...

Salmonspringroll Thu 17-Apr-14 09:27:03

Mine is my fabric conditioner! Lenon spring awakenings. I find myself sitting on the kitchen floor smelling my washing for hours I've been tempted to drink it but obviously not! It's amazing. I've put it in a spray bottle and spray it everywhere all over the house. I'm gonna have 2 get up and go and have a sniff now.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now