Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Bowel issues

(12 Posts)
Hellymummy Tue 15-Apr-14 12:22:28

Anyone else having weird bowel related issues. Some days constipated, some days diarrhoea. Some days I pooh ok and other days it feels awful! I have stomach ache, get hot and sweaty, feel grim but then once I've had a pooh I seem to feel ok then! Anyone else????

Thisisimpossible Tue 15-Apr-14 12:24:08

Yep, I'm all over the place as well! You're not alone!

SassehMonsta Tue 15-Apr-14 15:07:28

Yep me to. Only 5+4 so hoping it settles. (still preferring it to vomiting though!)

Somersetgirl1990 Tue 15-Apr-14 17:48:39

I was up at 2.30 this morning with the runs and heaving into the sink at he same time! Horrendous! Massively sweaty at the same time (sorry far tmi!) managed to ask for a drink in between heaving which settled my sickness a bit! But even getting a few words out was a struggle hmm hoping this isn't going to go on for the next 7 months

Spannertime Tue 15-Apr-14 17:55:20

I found the pregnancy multivitamins were messing with me big time. They were HUGE. I swapped them for folic acid and vitamin d only and it improved right away.

EllaBella220 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:54:42

Yep, everyone is usually saying how they are terribly constipated during pregnancy and I'm thinking 'you lucky sod!'. I know constipation is terrible but having IBS-D the doc told me it would settle during pregnancy, which it has, but it's still there and my cravings for salad is setting it off big time!

I hate the pains that come before the BM and then the urgency for the loo so I don't leave the house unless I really have to. I'd just like to have the 'normal' feeling of needing to go instead of the pain, sweats and urgency of having diarrhea all the time!

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Tue 15-Apr-14 20:30:08

I found the multi-vitamins made things a lot worse too, so I switched to plain old folic acid.

ImBrian Tue 15-Apr-14 20:59:09

Yep last week it was stomach cramps and diarrhea, this week bloating and constipation! I'm 7-8 weeks.

Sweetpea86 Tue 15-Apr-14 21:15:40

I was constipated for most of pregnancy due to sickness wasn't getting enough good stuff in my diet.

Since 30 weeks I've got very regular bowel movements better than before I was preg. Every day some times twice. Have to admint I have had bouts of the runs. Have to say I'm loving it lol as I have always been a suffer of constipation.

squizita Tue 15-Apr-14 21:41:29

Yep, painful constipation 80% of the time, the other 20% frantically trying to find a loo which is secluded enough to hide the farty sounds. No rhyme or reason.

EllaBella220 Tue 15-Apr-14 23:03:13

Squizita....that's exactly what I wanted to say in my post but didn't :D

I hate the noisiness that comes along with the runs and the thought of doing that in a public loo with a row of stalls filled with sniggering bitches fills me with dread. Like they don't poo!!

squizita Wed 16-Apr-14 14:07:42

Ella that's why snooty women have that "pursed lip" look. Straining to hold in a lifetime of poo! Lest they plop like us mortals!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now