Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

27+3 Stabbing pains in stomach

(3 Posts)
coldofhands Mon 14-Apr-14 21:41:30

Hi there, I'm kind of hoping that someone could put my mind at rest really. I had a period of baby not moving on Saturday, went into the maternity day unit and was monitored until the little tyke decided (with some serious prodding) that he/she was happy to tumble about a bit more. Movement has been fine since then so I know baby is aOK which is obviously my main concern.

However, I've been in considerable (and getting worse) pain since Friday afternoon. While I was hooked up for monitoring they checked and it wasn't registering as contractions and they did the test to see if I was likely to go into pre-term labour which fortunately came back negative. So, I'm back home, on bed rest for a week with a review booked after the Easter weekend but still in considerable pain. A dull, period pain like ache under the bump and sharp stabbing pains that come and go. Is this normal? Should I be worrying? The consultant said to not take painkillers so I can keep an eye on it, but I'm just struggling with it a lot and so worried that ongoing pain like this must be hurting the baby in some way.

What do you think? Any ideas - all advice and support gratefully received.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Mon 14-Apr-14 21:47:55

My initial thought was wind but it has gone on for a while. I'd go in for monitoring to ease your mind and rule anything out.

gamerchick Mon 14-Apr-14 21:50:30

Round ligament pain? I remember the thing bringing me to my knees a few times. Horrible.

But always if you worry then a check up doesn't hurt.. peace of mind is important when you're pregnant I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now