Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chest pain

(7 Posts)
Barbsta Mon 14-Apr-14 20:51:12

Has anyone else had this? I was having a slow stroll into work and my chest felt right and it hurt when I was breathing in. Just wondering if this is another lovely side effect to pregnancy

Barbsta Mon 14-Apr-14 20:52:22

Chest felt tight* I wasn't breathless before hand it came from no where :s

Makinglists Mon 14-Apr-14 20:57:45

I would get it checked out by gp or midwife just to be on the safe side. I had terrible rib / chest pain with both ds mainly caused by them being up high in by abdomen and pushing my ribs up and out - it's not serious but vv uncomfy. There are other things it could be so getting medical advice is the best bet.

Barbsta Mon 14-Apr-14 21:02:41

I've never had much luck at the doctors or with my midwife the thought of going to see either literally panics me. I always come away feeling more worried tbh and I know how stupid this sounds but the thought of going makes me want to cry

Makinglists Tue 15-Apr-14 07:13:07

Oh I'm sorry they make you feel like that. If its like my chest pain then it is not serious (but bl**dy painful!!!!) and the MW/GP will say 'on dear' and have you tried paracetamol. However I think its always best when pregnant to get any odd symptons checked out by a Doc/MW - 9/10 it won't be anything serious but its always best to be safe. I'm sorry they make you feel like that perhaps someone will be along soon who can give you further advice.

purplecoyote Tue 15-Apr-14 07:30:06

How far along are you? It is worth ringing the midwife at least as the baby could be leaning on something, the pesky beggars smile
It could also be trapped wind, that's quite common for me during pregnancy...

Barbsta Tue 15-Apr-14 12:01:37

I'm a couple days away from 30 weeks I'm not as worried now it's only happened once and hopefully it is just the baby pressing on something or wind. I wasn't sure if it was just a normal thing to happen in pregnancy or not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now