Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4D scan at noon - what & when to eat/drink so baby me might be awake?

(19 Posts)
ZingSweetCoconut Mon 14-Apr-14 14:06:15

have you had a 4D scan?

mine is tomorrow and I was told to not eat anything "heavy" as we don't want baby to sleep, if possible.

so what should I eat and when to have good results?
what were you told?
what worked?

thanks

Hobby2014 Mon 14-Apr-14 14:07:41

Watching with interest.

ZingSweetCoconut Mon 14-Apr-14 15:31:33

hobby

me too!grin

are you having a 4D scan soon as well?

squizita Mon 14-Apr-14 15:42:12

I am not so far along but have heard a glass of ice water can wake up baby! Brr!

Longdistance Mon 14-Apr-14 15:50:32

I had to eat something sweet to wake dd2 up for the 4D scan. They couldn't sex her, as she was hiding too well, and would not move. She was happily asleep. I had to drink coke (bauk) full sugar and some Skittles. She still didn't budge. We had to book a second scan. We got some fab pictures though. The sonographer said she had loads of hair. She wasn't wrong, she had a full curly barnet when she was born grin

Good Luck, it's great seeing their little face for the first time.

alita7 Mon 14-Apr-14 15:53:46

I read on here that someone with anterior placenta would drink fanta when she got worried about not feeling kicks and baby would go crazy smile

Scotinoz Mon 14-Apr-14 15:57:11

I always found that anything cold or sweet would make my wee one have a wriggle around when I was pregnant.

My obstetrician told me to have some cold lemonade to wake them up...or a bit of a prod.

MooseBeTimeForSpring Mon 14-Apr-14 15:57:13

I was told to drink full fat coke beforehand and then when I was in the waiting room they gave me 4 fruit flavoured lollipops and told me to eat them all. I also got handed another one during the u/s!

squizita Mon 14-Apr-14 15:59:16

Interesting Alita ... I think I am just starting to feel movement (18 weeks) and freak out a bit as there's no pattern so some days get hardly anything (have spoken to MW who says it's because baby is small- can be moving but just not hit the outside wall of the uterus).

Am tempted to try fanta! Mind you it's not very healthy to drink it just for me to get excited about first pops and tickles.

Bithurt Mon 14-Apr-14 16:00:16

When I went for mine I had to get something from the shop. I had full fat coke and a Mars bar. My ds must have got such a sugar rush! It worked a treat though and only took about 10mins to work.

ZingSweetCoconut Mon 14-Apr-14 16:03:50

yay, replies!

do you all think it is best to consume these cold/sugary things say in the 30 mins coming up to app time?

Hobby2014 Mon 14-Apr-14 19:27:58

Zing, I'm 24 weeks so am looking at booking one soon. But I'm worried I'm going to spend a fortune and get no decent pics. I have an anterior placenta and I'm a bit a lot tubby too so don't think that will help. Im liking the idea of eating a snickers and drinking some fizzy before. Can only help right?! Would be nice to see your pics when you're back x

Boogles91 Mon 14-Apr-14 19:34:42

Ooo post picks up pleeeease :D as im planning on getting one hopefully if my rebate come through on time! Id just drink sugary things, and eat cakes :p our lil man loves beef burgers lol and whenever im around someone who smokes he goes mental in my belly 0.0 x

butterfly86 Mon 14-Apr-14 19:50:34

I had a 4d scan yesterday and couldn't get any pictures baby had it's feet on it's head and was sleepy, I drank coke and ate chocolate on the way there and they gave me icy water, I have to go for a re scan next week and they said the same things coke and chocolate but an hour before. I always find I get lots of movement after a meal so I'm going to try that too. Hope you get some fab pics!

ZingSweetCoconut Mon 14-Apr-14 20:11:02

I still don't know how to post pics and we'll be given a DVD which complicates things - I'm afraid I can't promise anything.

why oh why do hackers use their skills for evil when I'm so technologically behind the world?
they should teach me and the likes of me instead!grin

so coke n choc an hour before, got it.
Now I feel ready! wink

Hobby2014 Mon 14-Apr-14 20:23:38

Good luck Zing! X

Hobby2014 Tue 15-Apr-14 17:32:49

How'd it go? Hoping the fizzy and chic worked smile

longleggedlady Tue 15-Apr-14 18:32:17

We had one done and with anterior it was hard to make out face but we got a few. I'll try and put them up x

ZingSweetCoconut Tue 15-Apr-14 22:07:41

it went well, thank you!

I ate a kinder bueno and drank a small bottle of ice cold peach tea about 20 mins before and baby started kicking on cue at 11.58!grin

we have some lovely photos (although some frozen shots were quite creepy!) and will show DVD to kids on Sunday.

I'm really glad we did it, as it's our last baby it was nice to do something special!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now