Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Baby moving?

(22 Posts)
Teddybear33 Mon 14-Apr-14 13:58:29

I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and have been getting a feeling like ants running over my belly (periodically) over the last few days... Could this be the baby moving? Or unlikely?

squizita Mon 14-Apr-14 15:39:16

I also get a feeling like a insect feet (I imagine) or something tiny brushing. I got it more some days and less yesterday.
I got in a panic because NCT says you'll notice a pattern ASAP and to seek medical help if not. blush Normally quite sensible! I called the midwife who basically said it "might be might not" be baby or wind... but in any case not to worry about a gap/lack of pattern because before 22 weeks the baby can easily swim away from the uterus sides so you can't rely on any patterns regardless of what the internet says (i.e. it could be very active but just never touching the sides, also at that size huccups and kicks and sweeps feel so vague - and could be wind).

Hope it is! Just felt the feeling again now...

squizita Mon 14-Apr-14 15:39:44

PS. 18 weeks. smile

Teddybear33 Mon 14-Apr-14 16:14:05

It's exciting isn't it Squizita. Baby seems most active (assuming it is baby) after a hot drink and chocolate. I feel a bit like I'm going mad though, is it real? Am I imagining it? And then other times I feel certain....

squizita Mon 14-Apr-14 16:32:05

I wasn't sure but I had a lie down on my side earlier and felt the 'ant' feeling. It's very light, you could miss it!

I just need to try not to worry and remember what the MW said that patterns won't develop just yet so just take it as a bonus and don't worry. I know this from reading up, but it's hard not to crave to feel it all the time.

Teddybear33 Mon 14-Apr-14 18:26:23

True! And I have to watch my choccy intake! Can't keep eating it to prompt a reaction haha!

polkadotdelight Mon 14-Apr-14 18:31:16

I'm almost 18 weeks and have felt the odd tickle. Last night though the cat was curled up on my tum and I felt quite a distinct prod. It was really weird (and for once not wind either!) but definitely in the right area, a lucky or well aimed kick perhaps?

Boogles91 Mon 14-Apr-14 19:46:30

To me thebaby kicksfeel like a massive twitch in my belly :p can get loads at once or over the day smile i first felt feelings like u say at 13wks followed by very very faint twitch like feeling on the inside, wich got stronger as each week went by so i knew it was our lil man :D now 27wks and theres no stopping him have a ball in there smile x

Teddybear33 Tue 15-Apr-14 11:25:10

Fingers crossed then this is what I'm feeling and so lovely to see so many messages re-iterating the same thing. If it is baby, baby seems to be active around this time and later in the afternoon, not so much in the evening unless I treat myself to a small bit of chocolate and that tends to prompt a response.

Teddybear33 Tue 15-Apr-14 11:25:33

Hot drinks too

Teddybear33 Tue 15-Apr-14 11:42:39

Can I ask are you ladies feeling this high up in your bump or low down? Mine tends to be mid to high bump and nothing further down

Teddybear33 Wed 16-Apr-14 11:51:51

I went to a classical concert last night so if what I'm feeling is baby, baby likes music!

Boogles91 Wed 16-Apr-14 12:15:53

Well, i didnt get anything higher up until about 21wks. Tbh he hardly ever kicks higher up he spends more time on the right side of tummy and has taking a liking to my bladder -.- he kicked me ipad off the other day...took me by suprise as ive never seen my belly move so much lol felt like he was spinning around in there. It is about right that your feeling it midway as that is where your uterus will be now smile just above your belly button. Enjoy it :p i do :D his wriggles are starting to get really strong now when hes off and starting to feel more weird as im used to softer kicks n stuffs :p hehe x

Teddybear33 Wed 16-Apr-14 14:09:09

Thanks Boogles, just feel like I'm being tickled from the inside.... So nothing concrete or definite which is why I'm unsure if it is baby or just a strange new sensation...seems unlikely the two aren't connected though?

squizita Wed 16-Apr-14 14:13:27

Mine is tickling like mad after a decaff mocha. Think warm/cold drinks wake them up. When I lie still I get pops more. smile

Teddybear33 Wed 16-Apr-14 15:19:01

Yep hot drinks seem to affect me too. If what I feel is right baby is having a whale of a time today, very active

squizita Wed 16-Apr-14 18:06:22

Grumpy as got home, peace and quiet... Baby is resting it seems. Was tickling earlier but couldn't concentrate as out n about!

Teddybear33 Thu 17-Apr-14 14:47:54

I've not felt much today either squizita :-(

squizita Thu 17-Apr-14 15:09:26

Don't worry, they say it isn't often a pattern at this stage. Yesterday was quiet but today I got quite a few movements! smile

Teddybear33 Thu 17-Apr-14 22:31:02

Phew ok Squizita, have been a little stressed today by it so relieved to hear that. Yesterday was very active but today barely anything

polkadotdelight Thu 17-Apr-14 22:34:21

I'm pretty sure I'm feeling movements too Teddy but at this early stage I'm not worrying if I don't feel it daily.

Teddybear33 Fri 18-Apr-14 07:01:58

Thanks Polkadot xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now