Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

I think this may have been hormones...

(10 Posts)
sammyad Mon 14-Apr-14 12:03:08

I have just spent a good half hour sobbing because DP was off out to get a new phone. This means that
a) we won't have the same phone any more, and
b) he will have a shinier/ nicer phone than me.

Both of which were obviously the end of the world hmm.

Two cups of tea and a little bit of chocolate later, I have remembered that we don't have the same phone anyway (different types of iphone), and that I DON'T ACTUALLY CARE. Was still using a nokia brick until two years ago and regarded phones that did anything other than text and call with deep suspicion. After he eventually stopped laughing (and soothing), DP made it out the door...

Some days I feel like my brain has been replaced by a randomly alternating cast of hamsters in wheels, each with a different personality disorder confused.

weebigmamma Mon 14-Apr-14 12:39:01

Hahaha! Love the hamster image. I am post-baby and experiencing the joys of baby blues- a similar experience; boo hoo, I think I'm happy! boo hoo, bad things happen in the world! boo hoo, my baby is really cute! etc.

My family's favourite piece of pregnancy hormone theatre was when my daughter offered me a drink of her coke in the car and I reached for the bottle, dropped it, the coke went everywhere and I burst into tears and sobbed the whole way home. I actually feel like crying thinking about it the memory is so strong LOL!

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 14-Apr-14 16:16:12

My husband ate the chocolate chips that I use for baking things like cookies and banana bread.

I cried for about half an hour when he 'fessed up.

That was a sad day.

Boogles91 Mon 14-Apr-14 22:22:25

Loool hamsters! Im glad you can now see the funny side of it :p I had my first episode early hours of morning, a load of stuff came crashing down in the store cupboard....scared the living shit out of me! And our lil kitten as he was sleeping on me -.- i jumped over to the other side of the bed so quick and started balling my eyes out in hubbys arms! Obviously i was shaken a bit from the sudden unexpected noise! He now winds me up on a daily babsis about it :p men can be so nice smile i thought fthe wall had came crashing down at that point x

mssleepyhead Tue 15-Apr-14 07:58:41

I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed because I wanted chip shop chips for dinner but when my husband went for them the shop had closed for renovation. He had to go to the supermarket and buy chips and vinegar, which wasn't the same... We laugh at it now!

Thisisimpossible Tue 15-Apr-14 12:44:25

My crowning glory moment so far...

At the weekend we stopped at a motorway service station on the way home from my parents. When I came out of the loo DH was at the front of the queue in McDonalds.

I threw a major teenage strop because he hadn't waited for me, despite the fact I had said I didn't want a burger, and stormed off out to the car in a strop to trump all strops. I am cringing just thinking about it.

We have laughed about it since, but honestly, these hormones will be the end of me.

Thisisimpossible Tue 15-Apr-14 12:45:16

sammy the hamster thing had me in stitches! I have quoted you and texted it to DH grin

hotfuzzra Tue 15-Apr-14 18:51:47

I cried in Tesco the other day because I'd accidentally knocked into someone's trolley and apologised, but the snooty woman didn't graciously accept my apology, just rolled her eyes.
I walked round the corner and started crying!
Laughing at it now :-)
Last night I cried when my husband told me I was beautiful. I hadn't showered or dressed all day and felt very pathetic! Ha!

EllaBella220 Tue 15-Apr-14 19:51:02

I had a meltdown one day when my partner didn't come home quickly enough to go get the take away I wanted. When he got home and asked what I wanted I refused to tell him. Then when he said 'eff this' and went to bed I EXPLODED with rage because he wasn't prepared to dance to my tune and started screaming about how he'd get it if his darling mother wanted it. He gets out of bed, we argue, he says ok calm down now and tell me what you want, nope, I cry, he keeps asking and then I fire a frozen lasagne across the kitchen at him.

It didn't hit him. I have bad aim.

Cue some more crying and sobbing and him being very quiet and then me giving him my order for the takeaway through sobs. He had said he was dreading my terrible mood swings when we found out I was pregnant but I don't remember having them with the last 2.

Boogles91 Tue 15-Apr-14 23:10:43

Ella - i had this a few weeks ago! Hubby was annoyed erlier on in the day about how. I didnt check the pockets properly before washing his jeans, they were fine it was just stuk in the pocket and crumpled. He started making snide comments so i ignored them....the. My mum. Rang me and we chatted, and out of nowhere he started insulting her for no reason -.- itarted to break the bed and flung a mop across the living room....i never live it down now, he says hes hidden the mop for its own safety lol its awful innit! Cus after youve calmed down you think to yourself why did i do all that for 0.0

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now