Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Outfit for Wedding at 36/37 weeks

(18 Posts)
mrscshaw Sun 13-Apr-14 19:33:53

My brother in law has decided to get married 3 weeks before my due date, any suggestions of where I can find something to wear for a wedding in August? thank you

Newmummy123 Sun 13-Apr-14 19:45:50

My friend was pregnant last August around the same 37 weeks she wore a lovely maxi dress.

A maxi dress will be nice as it will keep you cool not clinging to you on your legs.

mrscshaw Sun 13-Apr-14 19:51:25

that sounds like a great idea, might have a look around for one
thank you

Newmummy123 Sun 13-Apr-14 20:05:07

I'm only short so I find they are alway too long but good thing at 36/37 weeks is bump will lift it a little so might not even need a maternity one smile

redexpat Sun 13-Apr-14 20:16:57

I went to a wedding at 39 weeks in a dress from asos, dressed up with a necklace with big beads. It's worth checking asos because they get new things quite regularly. Also seraphine is the label worn by HRH and those dresses are just lovely.

GingerRodgers Sun 13-Apr-14 20:19:02

Ooh I've got te same thing exactt! Have ordered a few dresses from asos today to see what they're like. My worry is if they'll still fit at that point!
I'm not sure about a maxi dress as (tmi) I sweat a lot in pregnancy and can't be doing with wet legs inside a long dress considers fashioning a towel like pair of shorts under dress blush

mrscshaw Sun 13-Apr-14 20:20:29

I knew I came to the right place for suggestions, I'm dreading it to be honest, its 100 miles for home and I'm hoping to feel something other than huge smile

GingerRodgers Sun 13-Apr-14 20:28:16

Please excuse my dreadful typos in the last post blush

Asos has an extra 15% off sale items at the moment.
New look has a few nice dresses.

What shape are you op? I'm 5'6 with massive boobs and was a curvy size 12 before getting pregnant.
With dd I was whale like by 25 weeks so I'm desperate not to let that happen again. Can't imagine I'll be goddess like in the heat and pregnant.
Less glow and more sweat. Nice.

HalfPintPickle Sun 13-Apr-14 20:38:42

I've just got a gorgeous maxi dress from red herring, debenhams for £39. smile

brightonshaws Sun 13-Apr-14 20:46:52

before I was a curvy, big boobed size 14 and I would have worn something 1950s big skirt small waist, at 21 weeks I'm all bump and butt. I think I'm going to huge by 36 weeks - I'm going to check out ASOS though not entirely sure what size to go for

Funnyfoot Sun 13-Apr-14 20:48:00
GingerRodgers Sun 13-Apr-14 20:59:26

I've found with asos I get my usual size and it's fine she says hopefully

brightonshaws Sun 13-Apr-14 21:03:30

brilliant I love the Maxi and the floaty smile

tiredandsadmum Sun 13-Apr-14 21:13:12

At my wedding one of my closest friends who was 36 weeks pregnant, wore a lovely jacket and skirt combination. It was a normal size jacket - she had moved the buttons and the skirt had elasticated waistband. She looked lovely and smart as usual smile

plokett1 Sun 13-Apr-14 21:16:37

I've just worn a normal maxi dress to a wedding at 39 weeks pg, still looked lovely and something i already had in the wardrobe! Just wished i could have worn heels/wedges but was impossible!

Philoslothy Sun 13-Apr-14 21:22:32

I bought most of my maternity wardrobe from Seraphine including occasion and evening wear. They had some lovely pieces.

loopylou52 Mon 14-Apr-14 09:48:38

I'm off to a wedding next weekend at the same stage of pregnancy and I got my dress from Seraphine. I bought it a couple of months ago but tried it again last week and I'm really pleased with the way it fits, so hopefully I won't spend the day feeling like a whale!

mrsmonkey14 Mon 14-Apr-14 18:24:49

Another vote for Seraphine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now