Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First response bfn at 10 dpo .... am I out? :(

(9 Posts)
lizzywig Sun 13-Apr-14 12:22:43

I didn't get a positive line until 6 days after af was due!! Even then it was v faint. This happened to a friend of mine and her midwife says it means she ovulated later and so her due date was calculated differently. Not sure whether that's the case as I didn't mention it to my midwife.

dietcoketime69 Sun 13-Apr-14 08:40:06

Thanks all, that's very reassuring! It's so hard to keep positive (excuse the pun!) when the FR box makes it seem so accurate!! It says something about 87% people getting a bfp 4 days before af so you automatically feel that you're out the game! Will try again in a few days perhaps then.

weebairn Sun 13-Apr-14 08:36:55

My line was very faint even though I tested a week after period was due. Now 16 weeks.

Tea1Sugar Sun 13-Apr-14 08:30:09

I didn't get a positive until af was two days late. I'm now 38+5. Good luck!

SaltySeaBird Sun 13-Apr-14 08:21:22

I was convinced I was pregnant and got a BFN at 10 dpo on first response, felt so upset as I had a feeling I was pregnant that cycle.

DD is now 18 months old, I got a very faint line at 14 DPO, nothing before.

You're not out until AF arrives. Good luck!

dietcoketime69 Sun 13-Apr-14 08:17:58

Thanks Brian have had a look! Wasn't prepared for this much disappointment as I've been CONVINCED I'm pregnant! sad

bakingtins Sun 13-Apr-14 08:00:20

You're not out until AF arrives. Test again in a few days. Good luck!

ImBrian Sun 13-Apr-14 07:58:42

Have a look on countdown to pregnancy, they have stats for different tests on different dpos.

dietcoketime69 Sun 13-Apr-14 07:43:12

Has anybody ever got a bfn on a first response at 10 dpo but gone on to have a bfp or do I need to give up hope this month? sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now