Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

We've only finally done it

(10 Posts)
LisaC2611 Sun 13-Apr-14 05:27:12

DH and I have been ttc our first for 2 years. I'm 38 and DH is 40. I've been quite anxious over the fact that nothing was happening and we have been under the hospital for the last year and waiting for an ivf referal next month. We had been prescribed clomid and this month was the first cycle of our second round

I am overweight and needed to loose 5kg to get my Bmi under 30 for the referral. I was about to start a chemical diet on Monday to get that last bit of weight off but my period was late so I took a test yesterday morning and it's only bloomin positive!!

I'm so excited but obviously nervous at the same time. It was my birthday last week so I got the best birthday present and will have the best Christmas present as well! gringringrin

Liveinthepresent Sun 13-Apr-14 05:38:45

Congratulations ! What a wonderful story.
Mine was similar - same age too with DC1.
Got PG way more easily second time round and now have a gorgeous DD and scrumptious DS. grin
Wish you a smooth, happy, healthy pregnancy.

PeaceLillyDoge Sun 13-Apr-14 05:39:58

Congratulations! That is absolutely fanatic news grin

I wish you all the very best for your pregnancy grin

BitchPeas Sun 13-Apr-14 05:53:24

Congratulations! thanks

Hedgehog1977 Sun 13-Apr-14 09:58:58

Congratulations! We also got our bfp (3 months ago) after 3 years ttc, last cycle of clomid and 1 week before our ivf referral. It feels like a miracle, and takes ages to sink in!

Hx

LisaC2611 Sun 13-Apr-14 12:09:02

Thanks everyone and congratulations to you too hedgehog. It's so exciting I can't believe it's finally happened! grin

VenusDeWillendorf Sun 13-Apr-14 12:16:11

Congratulations Lisa! That's great you didn't have to go through the IVF assisted reproduction technology - I wish you a very happy pregnancy!

Congratulations! How fabulous thanks

Moonshine1 Tue 15-Apr-14 08:51:34

Lovely news, congratulations! smile

LisaC2611 Tue 15-Apr-14 16:37:20

Thank you! Still feeling very excited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now