Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Had my elective section 3 days ago- hello bubs!

(19 Posts)
weebigmamma Sat 12-Apr-14 20:06:29

Just home from the hospital! Baby that I was told was going to be massive was 8lb lol. Section went perfectly, hospital stay was good, breastfeeding a disaster (no latch at all, as with child 1! Midwives agree, it's nothing I'm doing wrong and they couldnt make it work either!) but all in all a great experience. The boy is lovely :-)

Baby blues just kicking in- have been crying all afternoon :-)

Have just removed my torture tights that I was told to wear for the next few weeks (they were literally cutting my skin- so painful!)

And that is my news!

PretzelPrincess Sat 12-Apr-14 20:11:28

Congrats! So glad you had a positive experience Xxx

squizita Sat 12-Apr-14 20:33:35

Congratulations! smile

Pregnantagain7 Sat 12-Apr-14 20:47:34

Congratulations! smile

aclxxx Sat 12-Apr-14 20:56:02

Wonderful news, congratulations. Enjoy your little bundle of joys!

Thurlow Sat 12-Apr-14 21:03:23

Aw, congrats! So nice to hear it was generally all positive. Don't worry about the blues, your milk is coming in, you can cry at a dropped teaspoon for two hours at this stage! Enjoy your little one - and that wonderful sense of relief when the tights come off smile

Boogles91 Sat 12-Apr-14 21:50:42

Congratulations chuck :D hope your having lotsa shnuggles :D i cant wait to have our lil man am so impatient lol want to see what hes going to look like :p im only 26wks feels like i have forever to go but i know soon that it will fly by. I daydream everyday about him imagine him sitting on the sofa inbetween me and hubby smile are you feeding him by bottle now then? Im not going to bother breast feeding, as my mum tried with me and my bros but it never seemed to fill us up enough, so im going to save the hassle of that x

Congratulations! Post a pic of your squishy newborn smile

ithoughtofitfirst Sat 12-Apr-14 22:27:06

Yaaaaay!! Congratulations. That made me a little teary.

weebigmamma Sat 12-Apr-14 22:31:44

Thanks all! :-)

yeah I'm heading towards exclusive formula feeding. Just determined not to feel crap about it this time as baby obviously happy enough with the arrangement! But, y'know, baby blues interfering a bit lol. Hopefully in a day or two I'll feel better. He's a wee smasher really and I couldn;t have asked for a more positive birth experience.

Universal Sat 12-Apr-14 22:40:16

Congratulations! Wonderful news. Enjoy every day as being a mum is fab. Is this your first? My only advice is to trust your instinct. I swear I spent the first six weeks with my head in a book thinking it was a baby manual. Oh and take a million photos. Or two million.

hubbahubster Sun 13-Apr-14 09:51:35

Well done weebig have seen you on lots of threads and know you were a bit anxious. See, ELCS are fine!

Thurlow Sun 13-Apr-14 10:43:16

Baby is fed, that's the main things. And their are some benefits to formula - once you're comfortable with it, other people can do the feeds - including night feeds grin

weebigmamma Sun 13-Apr-14 13:45:02

Thanks all :-D I had myself all geared up to be 'firm' with midwives about breastfeeding etc but there hasn't been one judgemental comment- quite the opposite in fact, they have all been wonderfully supportive, as has everyone on Mumsnet. I am feeling very grateful. x

lucyfluff Sun 13-Apr-14 17:07:10

Awww thats lovely smile congratulations and enjoy cuddles with your little man!!

ps - I couldnt bf all three of mine and wont even try with the next one as it made me feel so rubbish. In the end ff worked so well for us and hubs loved it grin Enjoy x

ithoughtofitfirst Sun 13-Apr-14 17:40:28

I'm glad people are being nice not that you need anyone's approval.

You're a great mum! I am really pleased for you and for bubs having such a cool mum Xx

BEEwitched Mon 14-Apr-14 08:34:05

Just seen this, congratulations, he looks absolutely lovely!

Glad to hear the ELCS went well and the hospital stay was positive - 6 weeks to go here and getting more antsy every day.

Enjoy the baby snuggles!!!

weebigmamma Mon 14-Apr-14 08:39:25

Thanks everyone! :-D

Moonshine1 Tue 15-Apr-14 08:29:22

Congratulations smilethanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now