Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Terrified I may be pregnant

(35 Posts)
cookiehead Fri 11-Apr-14 20:17:38

I have been on the pill for years (maybe 7) but the past few weeks ive been feeling so so shoddy

TMI maybe, but constipated, bloated, sickness only way i can describe it is motion sickness, that alternates with my stomach feeling ridiculously empty and having sickness from that. Stinking headaches, and today and yesterday I have had raging appetite and a horrid mood and pains in my tummy, sore boobs, and a massive change in sleeping habits (exhausted during the day, yet waking at silly oclock in the morning). I dont really get period symptoms and it only dawned on me that it could be a possibility when my partner said today (as wolfing down my second plate of chips) "jeeeez if you ever get pregnant we will need to set up a conveyer belt straight into your mouth of chips!!!"

I had my last AF 20th march, i feel as though even if i was it would be too early to be feeling ANY of this. Don't want to speak to my partner yet about it as hes going out of the country next week on work and don't want him to be worrying as he will!
Did anyone feel anything this early? And also whens the best time to test do you imagine?
Sorry for been a pain, and thankyou in advance smile
xx

AHardDaysWrite Fri 11-Apr-14 20:20:20

How long is your cycle, usually? Your dates put you at day 22 of your cycle, and unless your cycles are particularly short it's unlikely you'd be feeling symptoms this early.

AHardDaysWrite Fri 11-Apr-14 20:23:03

Just seen you're on the pill. Have you missed any, been sick, taken other medicines? If not, I'd say pregnancy is very unlikely.

cookiehead Fri 11-Apr-14 20:26:46

My cycle is 26 days dead on. I have missed some pills, but called my doctor and they said due to the days id missed it on that I would be fine to continue as normal without any extra precaution. x

AHardDaysWrite Fri 11-Apr-14 20:32:32

Ah. What pill are you on?

cookiehead Fri 11-Apr-14 20:34:34

Qlaira, it has really weird rules. Some days it doesnt matter if you miss them, others if you miss one you have to use a barrier method for 2 weeks? According to my doctor anyway! x

alita7 Fri 11-Apr-14 20:36:07

I don't know how accurate this is but a friend told me her doctor said if you're on the same pill for 4 1/2 - 5 years then It starts to stop working in many women, so her doc changes her pill every 4 years.

Itsfab Fri 11-Apr-14 20:37:44

I would be taking a test and can't believe a doctor would say that. I thought the whole point of the pill was you needed to take EVERY one.

cookiehead Fri 11-Apr-14 20:38:37

uhhh thats not good. I had a pregnancy scare last year, what they believed was an early pregnancy that had miscarried but I had taken my pill religiously, and didnt actually know i was pregnant. This was the same pill, should maybe discuss changing with my doctor if thats the case?
It wouldn't be a massive issue if I was, obviously unplanned so would just be very scary!

AHardDaysWrite Fri 11-Apr-14 20:39:56

Net doctor says you're ok if you miss one from day 25-28 but not if you miss any others. What days did you miss?

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Fri 11-Apr-14 20:40:17

Periods can be a bit false when you're on the pill so it's not an accurate reference point. I would poas and if negretest in a week. IIt's likely just a bug though.

cookiehead Fri 11-Apr-14 20:41:36

Its fab - i know, theres a little flow chart in my pill pack and if you miss one you have to match it up with the day then it says "contact healtcare proffesional" which was what i did and got told it was fine as was a placebo in the pack that id missed?? But then having looked it up online today the placebos are pill 27 and 28 and that wasnt the one id missed!
Thank goodness I have just this week moved doctors!!

cookiehead Fri 11-Apr-14 20:42:38

days 7 and 8 I think it was, it was definately in the first weeks run of the pack!

ProfessorSkullyMental Fri 11-Apr-14 20:45:54

which pill are you taking?

i was always told that if i missed one or was more than 12hrs late taking one that i would have to use extra protection for the next 7 days, whatever time of the course i forgot one!

cookiehead Fri 11-Apr-14 20:46:48

Thanks for your advice ladies, guess ill just have to wait it out and test smile

AHardDaysWrite Fri 11-Apr-14 20:47:22

Hmm. Well, there's a chance then. Most pregnancy tests will work from about 19 days past the day of unprotected sex, so you might be able to do one now or might have to wait depending on when that was. Use first morning urine to test as it's more concentrated.

cookiehead Tue 15-Apr-14 08:06:18

This is this mornings result. Its not 19 days though, cant figure wether we have one line or two!

cookiehead Tue 15-Apr-14 08:08:09

You cant see the pic properlybut theres a reallt faint 2nd line It looks like? Im npt sure!

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 15-Apr-14 08:12:59

I can't zoom in on the pic cause my phone is rubbish... have you tried first response? They are super sensitive

weebleswillwobble Tue 15-Apr-14 08:13:58

I can see a 2nd line.

EmpireBiscuit Tue 15-Apr-14 08:15:22

Looks like two lines to me....

Mildpanic Tue 15-Apr-14 08:22:08

That looks like a positive to me?
How do you feel about it?

cookiehead Tue 15-Apr-14 08:23:34

Oh man. Haha I though

cookiehead Tue 15-Apr-14 08:25:49

Thoughti was been crazy seeingtwo. Im very smiley haha, I had a dream i was preggo last night and just knew I had to check. Off I go to get a first response. Haha then hoe to broach it with my other hakf :p

Atbeckandcall Tue 15-Apr-14 08:26:02

I see two lines!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now