Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why is my bump so big?!!

(19 Posts)
SJC2014 Fri 11-Apr-14 18:01:12

Recently found out I am
Pregnant.. According to the dr I'm around 8 weeks; thing is I already look like I have a beach ball up my top!! I haven't announced yet so you can imagine the fun I have hiding it at work..why is it so big?? Anyone else had this?! I'm scared there's a football team in there!!!

bluebayou Fri 11-Apr-14 18:07:57

You could well be having a multiple birth, accept it

VaselineOnToast Fri 11-Apr-14 18:48:51

Is there any way you could request an early scan, just to check?

SJC2014 Fri 11-Apr-14 18:49:11

I have a double womb. Only space for one in there sad

EeyoreIsh Fri 11-Apr-14 18:51:16

Are you sure it's not boating? I looked pregnant in the first trimester but my real bump didn't arrive until week 23.

Can you request an early scan?

SJC2014 Fri 11-Apr-14 21:09:55

Tried that! Nhs are not interested until 12 weeks even though I am classed as high risk!

Mabelandmaude Sat 12-Apr-14 00:38:53

Bloating!

BumpNGrind Sat 12-Apr-14 00:45:30

I paid for an early scan and found out that I was a month further along than the date of my last period suggested.

I had experienced a 6 day implantation bleed which seemed exactly the same as a normal period. Could this be a possibility with you? What other symptoms are you having?

SJC2014 Sat 12-Apr-14 11:11:22

Hi again; well I feel sick but I haven't bee sick.. And I have gone slightly crazy and emotional.. Had to go to hospital last night I was bleeding sad

squizita Sat 12-Apr-14 11:19:08

SJ how worrying. sad Hope all is well.

I was thinking along the same lines as Bump - many women have a false period and are further along! Twins really don't automatically show earlier BTW.

FX that's it and that all is well at the hospital.

hashtagwhatever Sat 12-Apr-14 11:19:47

What did the hospital say?

BeetleBeetle Sat 12-Apr-14 11:23:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SJC2014 Sun 13-Apr-14 23:42:59

The hospital where horrible! I waited 2 hours in a and e and then got sent home with a leaflet and to to go to the EPU Monday! Chances of me being seen are slip as it only runs every 2 hours!! The bleeding stopped Friday but woke up this morning with some blood and a small clot in my underwear sad it's so frustrating that I call people for help and they don't want to know as I'm so early on! I'm so worried! Anyone else bled?

hashtagwhatever Mon 14-Apr-14 01:18:52

Hope you get seen and all is well tomorrow.

hashtagwhatever Mon 14-Apr-14 01:24:15

Forgive my ignorance. I may be completely wrong here but if you have a double uterus, is it possible that you could be bleeding from the second?

Sho1988 Mon 14-Apr-14 21:08:50

I would a ring the midwife and tell them you want a scan. I would just act like a brat about it, luckily My midwife was understanding I had a colposcopy and treatment last year so that was a concern for them but I have been having light bleeding so my midwife referred me for an early scan, which was today, i seen the heartbeat and all ok so put my mind at ease but drill it into them you are concerned. They should be referring you anyway!!

Honestmother1985 Mon 14-Apr-14 21:20:43

After my positive pregnancy test on a Monday I bled heavily on and off for next 7 days. Went to the doctor they said I was losing the baby more than likely and it could take 1 month for a negative test , she was very abrupt with this info . Any way.......... I am now 24 weeks!! And my baby is here kicking me as I write. Good luck !! Xx

SJC2014 Mon 14-Apr-14 22:32:50

Hi everyone!

Had my scan.. All is well!
Apparently I have a sack in each uterus both sides think they are pregnant but there is only a baby I one PHEW!! So that explains my larger than normal tummy.. They rushed me through so couldn't ask many questions but I have been booked in again in two weeks to check all is well.. I don't know what will happen with the other side sack?!! SURLEY it can't just stay in there?!!

SJC2014 Mon 14-Apr-14 22:34:41

Oh.. And they don't know why I am bleeding they said it happens sometimes! Bleeding very lightly again but it's a dark reddish brown now only concern I have is its quite mucus like.. So we will see... X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now