Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why is my bump so big?!!

(19 Posts)
SJC2014 Fri 11-Apr-14 18:01:12

Recently found out I am
Pregnant.. According to the dr I'm around 8 weeks; thing is I already look like I have a beach ball up my top!! I haven't announced yet so you can imagine the fun I have hiding it at work..why is it so big?? Anyone else had this?! I'm scared there's a football team in there!!!

bluebayou Fri 11-Apr-14 18:07:57

You could well be having a multiple birth, accept it

VaselineOnToast Fri 11-Apr-14 18:48:51

Is there any way you could request an early scan, just to check?

SJC2014 Fri 11-Apr-14 18:49:11

I have a double womb. Only space for one in there sad

EeyoreIsh Fri 11-Apr-14 18:51:16

Are you sure it's not boating? I looked pregnant in the first trimester but my real bump didn't arrive until week 23.

Can you request an early scan?

SJC2014 Fri 11-Apr-14 21:09:55

Tried that! Nhs are not interested until 12 weeks even though I am classed as high risk!

Mabelandmaude Sat 12-Apr-14 00:38:53

Bloating!

BumpNGrind Sat 12-Apr-14 00:45:30

I paid for an early scan and found out that I was a month further along than the date of my last period suggested.

I had experienced a 6 day implantation bleed which seemed exactly the same as a normal period. Could this be a possibility with you? What other symptoms are you having?

SJC2014 Sat 12-Apr-14 11:11:22

Hi again; well I feel sick but I haven't bee sick.. And I have gone slightly crazy and emotional.. Had to go to hospital last night I was bleeding sad

squizita Sat 12-Apr-14 11:19:08

SJ how worrying. sad Hope all is well.

I was thinking along the same lines as Bump - many women have a false period and are further along! Twins really don't automatically show earlier BTW.

FX that's it and that all is well at the hospital.

What did the hospital say?

BeetleBeetle Sat 12-Apr-14 11:23:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SJC2014 Sun 13-Apr-14 23:42:59

The hospital where horrible! I waited 2 hours in a and e and then got sent home with a leaflet and to to go to the EPU Monday! Chances of me being seen are slip as it only runs every 2 hours!! The bleeding stopped Friday but woke up this morning with some blood and a small clot in my underwear sad it's so frustrating that I call people for help and they don't want to know as I'm so early on! I'm so worried! Anyone else bled?

Hope you get seen and all is well tomorrow.

Forgive my ignorance. I may be completely wrong here but if you have a double uterus, is it possible that you could be bleeding from the second?

Sho1988 Mon 14-Apr-14 21:08:50

I would a ring the midwife and tell them you want a scan. I would just act like a brat about it, luckily My midwife was understanding I had a colposcopy and treatment last year so that was a concern for them but I have been having light bleeding so my midwife referred me for an early scan, which was today, i seen the heartbeat and all ok so put my mind at ease but drill it into them you are concerned. They should be referring you anyway!!

Honestmother1985 Mon 14-Apr-14 21:20:43

After my positive pregnancy test on a Monday I bled heavily on and off for next 7 days. Went to the doctor they said I was losing the baby more than likely and it could take 1 month for a negative test , she was very abrupt with this info . Any way.......... I am now 24 weeks!! And my baby is here kicking me as I write. Good luck !! Xx

SJC2014 Mon 14-Apr-14 22:32:50

Hi everyone!

Had my scan.. All is well!
Apparently I have a sack in each uterus both sides think they are pregnant but there is only a baby I one PHEW!! So that explains my larger than normal tummy.. They rushed me through so couldn't ask many questions but I have been booked in again in two weeks to check all is well.. I don't know what will happen with the other side sack?!! SURLEY it can't just stay in there?!!

SJC2014 Mon 14-Apr-14 22:34:41

Oh.. And they don't know why I am bleeding they said it happens sometimes! Bleeding very lightly again but it's a dark reddish brown now only concern I have is its quite mucus like.. So we will see... X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now