Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overdue and in need of distraction? Come join me

(5 Posts)
Misty9 Fri 11-Apr-14 13:28:09

I'm 40+2 with dc2 - ds was 5 days late and induced due to SROM. I've gone through feeling low and general crappiness to now accepting that this baby will come when it wants to smile

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm currently distracting myself by baking a lemon and polenta cake while dh entertains ds at the park grin
I do find the evenings the hardest though - particularly because I've had two false starts in the past week, both during the evening and there's shite all on tv

Boogles91 Fri 11-Apr-14 14:01:11

Im 26wks and have been doing my cross stitching....waitin until i have the moeny to get another one now but doing a latchook rug for lil man in the mean time :D found a chart free on the internet for a cross stitch so im gonna print that off and start it at some point aswel. Do you like playing games on the computer or ipad tc, could do some of that smile i love making cakes but never have the money to get any ingredients or decorations sad tv is so boring innit! I watch me soaps n then try and find anythingelse good to watch. If not i sit there and watch hubby on his ps3....im useless at playing the, now so just like to watch him on it smile hope you get your lil baby soon :D for me i cant wait but have a while to go yet :p x

dimdommilpot Fri 11-Apr-14 14:03:41

Hi. I am also 40+2 with DC2. I have just dropped DD at Grandmas house for the night and now i am going to get cleaning! Got the urge to scrub it top to bottom. Not had any false starts yet, baby is breach, i refused a ELCS in the hope she will turn so im kind of not wanting labour to start. Ive told the hospital I will try for a vaginal breach birth and have an emergency C sec only if urgently needed. They really love me!! Hope things get moving for you quickly.

Misty9 Sat 12-Apr-14 13:36:10

Any movement dimdom ? Going for a breech vaginal birth, I take my hat off to you smile

Nothing happening here except my sciatica/trapped nerve and SPD is getting really painful and I can barely walk or stand up confused had enough now!

On the plus side, my distraction lemon and polenta cake was bloody lovely grin
Distraction is getting a little harder when I can only really sit down... Had a bath but not particularly comfortable and felt a bit like an island with the bump sticking out so far!

johull Sat 12-Apr-14 14:41:54

Have you given birth yet?hope you managed to find several distractions I'm 28 weeks a feel i need distracting. I also suffer with back problems and SPD X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now