Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pink/brown discharge and pain

(17 Posts)
SneakyNuts Fri 11-Apr-14 10:26:24

I've had pink/brown discharge for the past 4 days, accompanied with period pain type cramps and the occasional sharp pain.

I'm 7+2 and this is my second pregnancy. I've been trying to get hold of a midwife for the past 2 days but no luck yet sad

I am at an increased risk of miscarriage because of a blood condition, does anybody have any idea what could be going on? Just need to talk about it as I don't know how long I'll be waiting for a midwife to call me sad

kalidanger Fri 11-Apr-14 10:30:53

GP now. Sounds exactly like my MC, I'm so sorry sad

My pain was in my stomach more than pelvis/womb area. It felt like awful bloating ache from eating too much bread or something. Plus it came in waves, which I fancifully imagined were 'false' contractions of my body expelling the bean.

thanks

Nononon Fri 11-Apr-14 10:35:07

Oh how worrying for you squeakynuts. I had a bleed at 24 weeks when I was pregnant last time and went straight to the GP - I would do that if I was you. It's very normal to bleed though and pink or brown is fine in most cases. You just need to get your mind put to rest. My bleed was nothing in the end, went unexplained. I've also bled at the very beginning of this pregnancy (I'm only about 5 weeks now though!) but it just stopped and as far as I'm aware I'm still pregnant.

I'd definitely advise making an apt with your GP. Good luck

Nononon Fri 11-Apr-14 10:38:55

Can I just say Squeaky, I also had sharp pains and cramps and I didn't have a MC so there's still hope. GP will be able to give you more info

SneakyNuts Fri 11-Apr-14 10:42:43

Thank you for your replies, should I book an emergency appointment? I'm giving the midwife until 11am (an hour since I called...again)

Dr Google isn't very helpful so I really appreciate you all replying!

kalidanger Fri 11-Apr-14 10:47:07

I googled the brown discharge - unhelpfully it seems it's both a symptom of early pregnancy AND a symptom of MC but that means it's not all bad news.

You could make a GP appointment now then cancel if your midwife gets back to you? Just to get things moving. I saw my GP and got referred straight to the MC clinic at the local hospital.

SneakyNuts Fri 11-Apr-14 11:08:14

She called! I've been booked in for a scan on Monday- not as quick as I hoped but it's something
Now I just have to spend my weekend worrying blush

I will update smile

kalidanger Fri 11-Apr-14 11:14:15

Best of best wishes Sneaky smile

MummaSmurf1 Fri 11-Apr-14 11:22:00

I had this at about 9 wks. Lots of period pains at beginning, which was everything adjusting. Small bleeding. I went to emergency clinic after calling 111 and they checked my BP and wee. They told me to rest up for a couple of days.
I'm 29 weeks now. I found google and even MN just made me really frightened so try to rest up til Monday and avoid dr google!

SneakyNuts Fri 11-Apr-14 21:30:07

Midwife said if discharge turned to red to come to a&e, so here I am sad
Passing large clots

MabelMay Fri 11-Apr-14 21:34:09

Oh sneakynuts I'm so sorry. It doesn't sound good, but you never know. Are you cramping too?
I had two MCs last year so know what it's like.
It's not fair.

Fingers crossed for you and if it is an MC, give yourself time off work to recover - it's a horrible thing.
thanks

AdiposeLoveMe Fri 11-Apr-14 21:37:42

Just wanted to offer some hand holding thanks

SneakyNuts Sat 12-Apr-14 00:40:33

Had an internal scan, everything is fine, baby is healthy and we heard the heartbeat!

So far so good smile

icklekid Sat 12-Apr-14 04:01:59

Amazing news congratulations glad all is well! grin

SassehMonsta Sat 12-Apr-14 22:03:01

sneaky Im so pleased - I was worried for you! smile Yay!

Boogles91 Sat 12-Apr-14 23:13:12

Glad everything is well...i bet that was a big sigh of relief for you! X

SneakyNuts Wed 16-Apr-14 12:05:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now