Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Prams online purchases - advice needed!

(7 Posts)
143b Wed 09-Apr-14 16:18:15

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my third trimester and started the baby related shopping. We decided that we will be getting a bugaboo bee pram. However, I really wanted to get hold of a jewel blue canopy which was a limited addition a couple of years ago so cannot be purchased in any shops any more sad

I found this website called babystrollerstore.co.uk which seems to have it in stock and ordered the canopy from them.

However, when I took a closer look (obviously after I paid my money sad( ) the whole website seems more like a scam. I emailed them several times already but have not heard back..

Has anyone come across this website before? Any feedback/ experiences appreciated!

Thanks a lot

Rockchick1984 Wed 09-Apr-14 16:24:41

Just had a look, it's definitely a dodgy website (check out their contact details, and the fact that one of the main pics at the top days on it "exclusive to babies r us"). Did you pay by credit or debit card? You need to contact them ASAP to cancel the payment, and I'd personally also order a replacement card.

Cuppateaandabiscuit Wed 09-Apr-14 16:26:29

Sorry but a quick google looks like it may be a scam website. How did you pay? If it was by credit card you should be able to get your money back. There's no guarantee that the goods you wanted would even be genuine anyway.

However, well done on choosing an excellent pram. I've got a Bee and it's great!

143b Wed 09-Apr-14 19:06:53

Thanks so much for your replies! Yes, I googled it too and does not sound promising at all.. I paid with the credit card (weirdly the only option they accept apart from Western Union). Will be contacting the bank ASAP sad

Inverkeilor Wed 23-Apr-14 11:03:34

I ordered a baby stroller from babystroller.co.uk using a credit card I hardly ever use (It would only take Visa Credit which, on reflection, was odd). I immediately had fraudulent use of my card in numerous locations around the world and needless to say, no baby stroller. One of the images on the site appears to have been lifted from ToysRus. The website domain is registered to an address in China.

143b Wed 14-May-14 16:36:40

Just wanted to give an update so noone else falls for this scam - more than a month passed since I placed my order -the money was taken from my credit card but I received neither the goods nor any reply to my numerous messages to them sad(. I have reported them to my credit card company - hope I can get my money back..

It is a shame there is not that much information or reviews about these guys in internet - hopefully they will get closed down soon!

Smithy303 Mon 25-Aug-14 09:39:30

Hi mums,

I know this is an old thread but I'm glad I found it.
I'd just placed an order for a pram thru this website and before I put my card details in I thought I'd check out reviews first.
You may have just all saved me £500, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now