Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

still undecided about whether to get a carrycot

(10 Posts)
CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 05-Apr-14 16:16:04

I've got the Graco Evo which does lie flat but people have said a carrycot is useful for the baby to sleep in downstairs. I've seen the matching carrycot online today for £50 in a clearance sale as it's last year's colour. Baby's due in 10 days and was going to wait and see if I thought it would be useful once baby is here but would be annoyed if I missed this offer

Are they really useful or not?

Tranquilitybaby Sat 05-Apr-14 16:20:34

Have a look what they sell for on eBay and if ok, i'd go for it!

I'm on the fence really. I had a carrycot for DS2 because the pushchair called for it but with DS1 I had a BJCM which reclined flat and never needed one.

DS2 did use the carrycot in the house a few times but he very quickly got fed up and demanded to be upright on me most of the time.

There's something very nice about pushing a pram-shaped pushchair though...

Yes you could probably sell it easily on ebay.

beela Sat 05-Apr-14 20:38:05

DS hated his, we only used it a handful of times... but you don't know until you try. Hoping DC2 (due in 14 days) will like it, otherwise it was a total waste of money!

Foxeym Sat 05-Apr-14 20:44:35

I used the carry cot as DC3 would only sleep in this and not the Moses basket but to be honest by about 8 weeks he no longer fitted as he is very long and had to go in his cot beside my bed

We had one and used it so much even though our buggy lay flat. It made DD higher and meant we could go out walking and I could lift the carry cot off and put it where ever I was without having to wheel the buggy around the house or move a rarely sleeping DD.

Vickiyumyum Sat 05-Apr-14 20:49:04

Yes I loved having my babies in carrycots laying flat. Useful for overnight trips etc as well.

Diddle82 Sat 05-Apr-14 22:16:03

I would deffinately say get one. Lovely to push a baby around in a 'proper pram' and also useful to have for them to sleep in house

CaipirinhasAllRound Sun 06-Apr-14 04:59:22

I bought it, thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now