Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

another question on progesterone suppositories - who has used them?

(4 Posts)
Hedgehead Fri 04-Apr-14 16:23:13

TMI alert.

Currently putting them up my bum, not vaginally. I have to do two a day.

Just went for a bowel movement and my BM was streaked with yellow from the suppository (I put it in last night, so it's been over 12 hours.)

Is that normal?

Would you recommend putting them in the vagina?

Ferreroroche123 Fri 04-Apr-14 17:18:51

I have been doing them rectally for 22 weeks. You need to keep them in 2 hours tops according to my consultant and any colouring on your stools is just from the residue of the casing they come in.

Front end is far messier. Generally have to lie still for 30 mins and they will leak.

18yearsoftrying Fri 04-Apr-14 17:46:28

I'm halfway through the 12 wk prescription, not for the first time!

I have to us them vaginally every 12 hrs. Your experience is totally normal smile

JBrd Sat 05-Apr-14 08:26:26

Totally normal, I had this, too. Plus the vegetable fat dripping out when I went to the loo confused
I've now stopped taking them, and everything went back to normal.
I going taking them vaginally was a lot messier, and I was also worried about the causing any irritation - I had some bleeding/spotting in the first weeks, which prompted me to switch to the 'back door'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now