Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due date tomorrow, ideas for nice things to do with DH to take my mind off it

(9 Posts)
1muddymummy Fri 04-Apr-14 14:50:29

Looking for some nice ideas as we are both stumped. I have been feeling a bit(!!!) grumpy and hormonal this week so would like to cheer myself up and spend some time doing something nice with what could be our last weekend.

nc060 Fri 04-Apr-14 14:56:20

Are you able to manage a short walk if its nice weather for some fresh air? Can you tell this is my first and i'm only 19 weeks, I'm sorry, that was prob a rubbish idea! Maybe a movie night with popcorn etc in the house?

Misty9 Fri 04-Apr-14 15:25:45

I feel your pain if only there were regular pains eh?! as I'm due next wed and similarly frustrated and fed up already.

If it's your first I'd recommend something pampering like massage or reflexology. If you can still walk (unlike me) then a stroll around shops or nice scenery. Lunch out, definitely smile

To be honest, I think it's impossible to not think about it, but at least do some things you may not be able to do for a while. It's my second so most of those aren't possible!

rachyconks Fri 04-Apr-14 15:31:52

I'm 40+3 and trying everything to take my mind off the fact I've gone over. Nice idea might be a long lunch in a lovely restaurant, a walk, the cinema. Things you won't be able to do in a couple of weeks!!

hartmel Fri 04-Apr-14 17:31:31

Before my first arrived we went to our favorite fancy restaurant. And then got our dessert to go and watched a movie at home.. (I think as far as I remember, I had fallen asleep during movie time but it was still good)

beela Fri 04-Apr-14 18:59:12

A really big lie in with the papers or a good book, cups of tea, breakfast in bed.

I went shopping and then out for my Christmas meal with some close friends and DP, ate myself silly and rolled in at midnight. By 2am I was in labour, had my planned induction the next day and had a baby by the end of the weekend.

Have a lovely due date thanks cake

theborrower Fri 04-Apr-14 22:43:01

A lie in with a lovely breakfast sounds good!

We went to the cinema - and my contractions started! Something to do with the big rumblings or Sod's law? definitely Sod's Law smile

1muddymummy Fri 04-Apr-14 23:31:24

thanks for ideas, I am a very lucky girl and have been having breakfast in bed most weekends. we are going to go out tomorrow for a meal then cinema and maybe shopping and lunch on sun (unless something happens in the meantime)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now