Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried! Need Advice!

(10 Posts)
Emzzy26x Thu 03-Apr-14 17:50:21

Hey all...
This is my first pregnancy
Im about 8+4...
Ive been having severe stomach pains (like cramps) and then Im having diarrhoea (TMI) my pain threshold isnt very high, so im not sure if im over reacting!
I don't get this pain all the time but im so worried all I do is cry sad

Any advice??
Thank you

Emzzy26x Thu 03-Apr-14 17:53:37

I also feel sick when this happens!
The worst happened today...

Lozmatoz Thu 03-Apr-14 17:55:59

Go to your GP. They may be able to reassure you or even book you in for an early scan.

bluehearted Thu 03-Apr-14 17:56:10

I think unless there's bleeding then it could be nothing. It's normal to have cramps, I had them with my ds and with this pregnancy (currently 18 weeks).
If you're worried, ring your midwife/gp or early pregnancy unit.
I hope everything is ok for you, I know how worrying the early days are thanks

I say normal - the stretching cramps can be really really painful.

Sweetpea86 Thu 03-Apr-14 18:00:00

I had lots of period cramping early on. But don't feel like you can't speak to a GP or midwife.

Give them a call to put your mind at ease.

Like pp said early stages are so worrying. smile

alita7 Thu 03-Apr-14 18:00:15

emmzy don't worry its probably not baby related a such it's wind. I've had Ibs style wind, stomach pains and I've had all kinds of poos in these 9 weeks. I had loads of diahorrea before 6- 7 weeks.

However do mention it to the doctor especially if you're getting pain just on one side lots of the time, that doesn't go if you massage it lightly (moving wind along, I have a couple of 'pockets' that the wind sometimes sits causing pain in the same place recurrently) or if you're having pain when you wee or spotting. pain in one side, diahorrea and pain when you wee and spotting can mean ectopic pregnancy BUT it certainly doesn't always, I had diahorrea at the beginning of this and my previous pregnancy and I've had pain in one side which has nothing to do with pregnancy apparently (had similar on either side before pregnancy) but also cysts can form on your ovaries in pregnancy. I also had pain when weeing and that's associated with my retroverted uterus and my spotting was unexplained. I had a scan and do not have an ectopic pregnancy all is good. so its probably all fine smile

Emzzy26x Thu 03-Apr-14 18:08:50

Aww thank you all so much... The pain I get isnt just on one side it feels like its all over my stomach, but like I said in my post they are quite severe and they bought me to tears! Im so excited about this baby... everything is worrying me sad
Again thank you all

Missteacake Thu 03-Apr-14 19:01:19

alita I also have a retroverted uterus and it is uncomfortable to wee (have been tested for infections and had early scan) do you know why this is? I have begun to think I'm imagining it! Xx

alita7 Fri 04-Apr-14 10:56:34

I have no idea why but it came up when I was looking for info about my uterus. I also have no infections apparently :p

sounds just like really bad wind emmzy if you haven't had it before then it is alarming but I had it awfully once about 3 yeas ago and thought I was one of those women who don't know they're pregnant and was in labour :p it was so bad I could barely walk or stand! and it was about 2 hours before any wind would detrap itself so I was convinced it wasn't that :p but Yeh I've had awful stabbing pains and all sorts this pregnancy it's all wind smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now