Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling worse at 11 weeks? I thought I was supposed to feel better!

(7 Posts)
Heatherbell1978 Fri 04-Apr-14 07:49:11

I felt consistently crap from 5 to 12 wks. BP has been 90/48 for months now but 'unless I'm fainting', midwife isn't bothered! I literally woke up one morning at about 12.5 wks and the nausea was gone. Took a few more weeks for the tiredness to subside but hopefully you'll feel better soon!

Roseandmabelshouse Fri 04-Apr-14 07:36:10

You poor thing. I'm 5 months and still having odd peaks of feeling really unwell then fine again. I'm sure the hormones periodically surge and make you feel grotty. I can tell now that my bump grows in these periods.

You just have to go with it, listen to your body and put yourself first.

Bumpforme2014 Fri 04-Apr-14 07:30:17

Same happened to me terrible week 6/7 felt better week 8/9 then bad again week 10/11 slightly better week 12 but still not great, the end is in sight though!

weebigmamma Fri 04-Apr-14 07:13:04

Do take time off if you need to. No point in attempting to suffer through it. I came very close to needing time off but my job was such that it wasn't too difficult to survive the day even if I felt like crap. Had I been teaching classes there's no way I could have done it. Hope you feel better soon!

MB34 Thu 03-Apr-14 21:48:04

Thank you for your reply. I hope it does get better soon - I don't think I can do a 9 hour day with only a one hour break feeling like this. hmm

weebigmamma Thu 03-Apr-14 15:44:45

For the first 4 months of this pregnancy I felt utterly crap. Really nauseous and couldn't get my breath going upstairs. Never threw up but couldn't eat anything and had a rotten taste in my mouth. Felt like falling asleep in work all day long and used Lucozade to get me through the day most days. I am now 38 weeks and am finding it tough but in different ways- I feel much fitter physically even though I'm tired. This pregnancy has been much harder for me than my last one. It was 10 years ago, but I don't think it's unusual for pregnancies to differ a lot even if they're closer together. Hang in there!! I did get a few weeks of respite before the third trimester ;-)

MB34 Thu 03-Apr-14 15:33:43

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and have only had nausea for about 2 weeks (week 6/7) and have been feeling a bit tired.

Up until Sunday that is. Since Sunday I've been feeling like I could sleep 24/7. I wake up in the morning feeling like I haven't slept and my eyes sting. I also can't stand for long periods, after a while my body becomes heavy and I have to sit/lie down and feel sick and out of breath until the feeling of heaviness passes. I even have to have a rest going upstairs! I also had a headache behind my left eye since Monday but that's gone today.

I haven't gone to work this week as it's a job where I'm on my feet all day but I feel guilty as I do have short periods of feeling ok, but then I have to lie down again.

I went to the dr this morning and all he did was send me for BP check and bloods - I won't get the results until Tuesday. My BP was 110/65 - the nurse wasn't concerned.

Anyone had a similar experience? How long did it last? I was tired throughout my first pregnancy but don't ever remember feeling this bad hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now