Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I worry about sickness?

(6 Posts)
Ilovebean Thu 03-Apr-14 12:42:59

Hi all. I'm 26 weeks and my morning sickness seems to have returned with a bang.

It never really went away, but settled down to just once in the morning, more heaving than sick and a small white burning like substance coming up (gross, sorry). Now, the past few days I'm vomiting in the morning lots and lots of yellow foul tasting bile.

I also feel 'off' food, I'm only eating for the sake of it and rarely feel hungry.

Is this something I should be worried about or is it totally normal?

sarahquilt Thu 03-Apr-14 16:58:29

I think sickness often does come back in the 3rd tri but to be safe, go to the dr as it could be a sign of pre - eclampsia.

HowAboutNo Thu 03-Apr-14 17:21:39

Agree with the above, just pop into the doctors and get yourself checked over. Could be a hormone surge or something, but best to let them have a look at you, and make sure you're not dehydrated and such. Hope you feel better soon, I know how absolutely shit it is.

Ilovebean Fri 04-Apr-14 13:48:48

Thanks all. I've made a doctors appointment for Monday.

Today I've felt very very overheated and I've had some horrible heart palpitations, not really felt the baby move at all. Just a general feeling of unwell.

Also had some shooting pains in the tummy but not lots and no blood etc either.

I'm not sure If I should go to the hospital

HowAboutNo Fri 04-Apr-14 14:52:14

Call Triage - they'll ask you to describe your symptoms and give you advice and probably ask you to pop up to be monitored for a bit. Don't panic, just give them a call and then can help you out.

bonzo77 Fri 04-Apr-14 15:04:34

I think you should try to be seen today. Hopefully it's just a matter really bad morning sickness, and maybe a pulled muscle from the retching. But with the reduced movements they should examine you and check the baby. If god forbid there is something wrong and your baby needs to be delivered, s/he has a fabulous chance of a normal outcome now you are 26 weeks. Please update us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now