Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trace of protein in urine at 28 and 31 weeks....

(8 Posts)
moomin35 Wed 02-Apr-14 15:43:01

....Is this anything to worry about?

126sticks Thu 03-Apr-14 22:46:46

Noticed you hadnt got any replies.

My experience is only from yonks ago, and I had protein in my urine many times.
But thought I wouldnt post as my experiences not up to date, and couldnt rememebr quite how late in pregnancies it was.

What have they told you to do? If I remember correctly I was told to was more.

weebigmamma Fri 04-Apr-14 01:47:47

I am on meds for high blood pressure so protein in my urine is something they're keeping a close eye on. I've had a trace a couple of times and it doesn't seem to have worried them. Do mention it to a midwife though. It could indicate a urinary infection which could be nasty if left untreated.

sakura Fri 04-Apr-14 02:10:14

I had a trace of protein in my urine. MY midwife told me to cut out salty foods ( I was eating in Macdonalds!) and by the time they gave me the next test it had disappeared.

moomin35 Fri 04-Apr-14 10:12:28

thanks guys, I will discuss it with my midwife at my next appointment or maybe give her a call. The doctors who found a trace didnt seem worried as it was not combined with any other symptoms (ie high blood pressure) but I would have thought no protein would be better than having a trace so I will see if I can talk to the midwife and rectify it.

126sticks Fri 04-Apr-14 11:40:35

Realised I did a mis post up thread, and it doesnt make sense!

Should have been, I was told to eat more.

I had an infection when this happened smile

126sticks Fri 04-Apr-14 11:43:45

Have to say mine were never caused by infections.

I had it so often, I sort of used to go to myself, "well, that is not news".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now