Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone besides me feel sick again near the end?

(16 Posts)
TerrariaMum Tue 01-Apr-14 16:53:08

I'm 36 weeks pg with DC3 and I feel sick a lot of the time in the same way I did in the first trimester. Anyone else?

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 01-Apr-14 17:01:33

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow with DC3. Never really had morning sickness in any of my pregnancies, but I'm definitely feeling delicate of stomach the last week or so. Not sure if it's the stinking cold though!

jellyandcake Tue 01-Apr-14 17:06:24

Yep. Had a break from nausea between 23 and 30ish weeks. Other than that it's been continuous. Same last time. I find it more manageable in the 3rd trimester but still tough. Labour was preceded by vomiting last time as well and the nausea lingered a couple of weeks post-birth.

I used to be emetophobic. Two pregnancies have made my fear a lot better as I have learned that I can cope with it. My main problem at the moment is that it's exhausting and exacerbated by relentless heartburn as well. Looking forward to baby's arrival!

TerrariaMum Tue 01-Apr-14 17:09:26

Just good to know I am not alone. Penguins, when are you due? Think our DCs could end up sharing a birthday? smile

jellyandcake Tue 01-Apr-14 17:11:33

I know from another thread Penguins and I are on that we are both due 23 April, are we all due date buddies? Full term tomorrow!

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 01-Apr-14 17:12:13

State secret in real life as I've always gone over and they moved my due date forward 8 days, which I think is immaculate conception. So realistically could well be early May.

But I'll tell the official date on here. 23 April . grin Head is already 3/5th and I feel like I'm trying to walk around a tennis ball. Have to consciously not 'waddle'! Have just replied to you on another thread too. smile

laura2323 Tue 01-Apr-14 17:12:24

I had persistent nausea and vomitting right up until 26 weeks then it returned at 34 weeks, dd born at 38 weeks so didn't have to put up with it long! Sprite became my best friend helped me keep food down a bit - not mentioning what it did to my teeth though...

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 01-Apr-14 17:13:02

Jelly - I know. Term tomorrow. Crib not sorted. Car seat not sorted. I have washed clothes and bedding and cleaned out the cocoon thingy for the Bee.

jellyandcake Tue 01-Apr-14 17:22:47

Penguins they moved my due date forwards by 7 days so I initially wondered about a May baby too, but hoping I don't have to wait that long!

Also haven't sorted crib or car seat but have washed some clothes and the birth pool is supposed to be arriving today but hasn't turned up yet. So, on balance, still not ready!

jellyandcake Tue 01-Apr-14 17:23:39

And I am definitely waddling!

TerrariaMum Tue 01-Apr-14 17:28:22

5 May for me, but I tend to go early so we could overlap.

Meerka Tue 01-Apr-14 22:32:31

yep, quite a few people on the Hyperemesis thread find that they get sick again towards the end, jsut not as badly as at first.

has a bucket by the bed and by the sofa again in the last weeks

LlamaLover Tue 01-Apr-14 22:42:42

I'm 36 weeks (due 27/4) and been sick every few days for last weeks. I think it's actually heartburn gone wrong as always feels acidic.

Not eating after 6ish helps somewhat - but is bloody boring!

TheRealGabster Thu 03-Apr-14 20:34:55

I'm 34 weeks or so and having been feeling sick again for a time too. I have terrible trouble with heartburn even without pregnancy and it is exactly that as far as I can work out. Try some Gaviscon if you haven't alread and see if it helps. Try not to drink too much in the way of liquids when you are eating too. Important to keep drinking throughout the day, just try not to do it with food.

Tomkat79 Fri 04-Apr-14 09:50:19

Due in 4 weeks and frequently throw up my breakfast. Things smell worse than they did in the first trimester too. Nausea came on again quite mild about 33 weeks and appetite went, now appetite back with a vengeance but can't keep much down. It's rough but not long now :-)

yummystepford Fri 04-Apr-14 11:40:06

Sickness went away at about 18 weeks, I'm now 30 weeks and it came back a few weeks ago. Quite similar but a bit different from early pregnancy. I was given anti sickness drugs yesterday and they seem to be helping (i didn't even have to ask for them lol)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now