Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First trimester weight gain

(27 Posts)
Gennz Sun 30-Mar-14 23:11:41

Hello,

I'm only 5+1 and I'm starting to feel a bit worried about weight gain (or that I'm having twins). Totally paranoid I know!

I'm 5'6 and was about 68kg when I conceived (abouty 10 stone 7 I think) so not super slim but an average BMI. I've been avoiding the scales but I think I've already put on about 2kgs (4lbs ish) - I've had to buy new bras already (from 10D to 12DD - with a little bit of room for growth) and the wasitband of my trousers are starting to feel tight at the end of the day. My hips definitely feel a bit wider.

I'm definitely not eating for 2. I'm quite a healthy eater generally and I actually (naively) thought I might lose a bit of a weight int he first trimester as I was previosuly quite a big boozer and I've obviously now cut out alcohol.

Would love to hear your experiences, reassuring or otherwise...

MrsMonkeyBear Wed 02-Apr-14 07:07:05

I'm nearly through my first trimester and have put on about 10lb. I had a BMI of about 15 pre preg, so very underweight. I think I was about 6st 8lb is, never really paid much attention, as I was naturally skinny lass, who eats like a horse!! I'm now skirting the scales at 7st 4lb. I expected to pack on the pounds, just not quite this quick!!!

EmilyJane86 Fri 04-Apr-14 18:39:15

Ha I've had a hellish week at work and I'm so tempted to have a gin on my train ride to see the fiancé. My midwife cancelled so never got weighed. But I am looking huge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now