Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding in early pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
Odaat Thu 27-Mar-14 19:11:03

I am very early on (if at all now) started bleeding this morning - it's tapered off as days gone on and now only there when I wipe. It is accompanied by a constant dull, lower back ache. The back ache is quite sore. I haven't really had any abdominal cramping- a tad here and there.
I have blood test mond to see if I am still pregnant ( I would only be about four weeks on if so - so very early)
I am hoping this bleeding is not a period / early miscarriage as I did get a positive test again today (though doc said this could be lingering hormones)
I'm hoping I am still pregnant ! Boobs arent as sore, but have really consistent lower back ache and fatigue. Hoping this bleeding is just a hormonal thing as it is round time of my period ...
Anyone experienced this?

NurseSapphire Thu 27-Mar-14 19:25:31

Sorry you're going through this worry. I had a bleed at five weeks which was probably implantation bleeding. Twenty two weeks now and all seems fine. Really hope all turns out well for you thanks

EllaBella220 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:24:08

Odaat I hope everything goes ok for you. I had terrible lower back pain in the earliest weeks of my pregnancy and also bleeding (not heavy 'first day period' blood....just old blood when I wiped) from 7 to 9 weeks and actual bleeding at 13 weeks and I am now 14 weeks and so everything seems fine. It is very scary and of course you are going to think the worst but try to relax and look after yourself. How long until you get the results?

Pinkandwhite Thu 27-Mar-14 20:30:41

I had bleeding at 4 weeks, 5 weeks and 16 weeks. I'm now 19 weeks pregnant. It doesn't necessarily mean the worst. Very, very best of luck to you.

Odaat Sat 29-Mar-14 09:44:30

Thanks ladies. Still bleeding and preg test was fainter positive line today sad - we shall see!

lilyblue5 Sat 29-Mar-14 16:10:43

Hi, had bleeding between 5 and 9 weeks, went to the early pregnancy clinic to get checked out (where I live you need a doctors referral for this) and had two early scans. The bleeding for me was only light but obviously scary as you don't know what's going on. I'm 20 weeks now so don't loose hope. I did read in the pregnancy test leaflet that even a faint line is positive, good luck and keep us updated x

alita7 Sat 29-Mar-14 16:24:46

I had spotting both pink and red on and off from 6 - 7 weeks and it was unexplainable. I had a scan at 6 + 5 which showed a healthy baby with a heart beat. You never know trust your instinct I was worried but I knew in my heart that every thing was ok.

Odaat Sat 29-Mar-14 18:01:29

Thanks smile the bleeding is not overly wavy, but steady and bright red now :/ ??
I dont think it is looking good, but I will remain hopeful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now