Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Looking for reassurance about upcoming C Section

(5 Posts)
Scarlettnotaharlot Thu 27-Mar-14 10:57:44

Just that really, I've been advised to have a C Section as they found the baby was breech last week and being my first they don't feel it would be safe to attempt to give birth naturally. I'm just terrified about that whole thing. I'm severely needle phobic so struggling to deal with that aspect of things for a start but my main worry is that they've scheduled it for the day before my due date and my husband is a three hour train ride away thanks to his new job so I've no idea what would happen if I went into labour before the day. If anyone has any advice or positive experiences to share I'd be very grateful.

FoodieMum3 Thu 27-Mar-14 11:49:42

My last baby was breech from 35 weeks so I had a section at 39.

Almost all babies DO turn into the head down position before birth though so I wouldn't worry yet. I remeber the midwives didn't even bat an eye lid, they all were of the opinion that baby would turn.
How many weeks are you?

They gave me a section date for 39.5 weeks to allow as much chance as possible for baby to turn but she didn't and I went into labour so as soon as I got to the hospital they literally examined me and brought me down to theatre for an emergency Caesarian.
It went very well and actually was a lovely experience.

Afterwards I really regretted not enjoying the last few weeks of my pregnany rather than obsessing on baby's position and dreading the section.

I know it's tricky with your dh's job but try not to stress. On your first you will more than likely get warnings that labour is imminent and it shouldn't be too sudden or fast. These things have a habit of working out ok

x

frankiebuns Thu 27-Mar-14 12:08:32

I had an emc with son he was sideways and after 16 horrendous hours of labour was wheeled down for a emc he was so wedged they had to use forceps to get him out, I am also needle phobic but truely it was ok, the only one I felt was a small scratch on my back for the local they use for spinal and they hit my spine with needle at which point I was sick but truly I was ok! Wonderful experience and doing it again in 21 weeks time. My frirend was elective c section this time 4 days b4 due date she went into labour a week ealy and had emc! Her hubby works 4 hrs away but he got there in time

Scarlettnotaharlot Thu 27-Mar-14 12:10:35

I'm 37 weeks and after a failed ECV where the little bugger absolutely refused to move I'm not holding out a lot of hope of him turning. With only three weeks left to go I really do need to stop focusing on the scary bits just finding it really difficult.

Scarlettnotaharlot Thu 27-Mar-14 12:19:15

Nice to hear your experience with the needles was ok, my needle phobia is really bad and I'm still struggling to deal with it even after having therapy sessions from 12 weeks so obviously the thought of having a spinal or epidural is stressing me out a lot. All the staff are familiar with my situation now though and have been really good about it so hoping I'm worrying about nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now