Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freezing cold

(15 Posts)
ct148 Wed 26-Mar-14 18:15:11

I'm 12 weeks & since I became pregnant I have been really cold most of the time. I'd say I'm usually a bit on the cold side but since becoming pregnant its got a bit ridiculous. When I sit in the office at work I'm freezing cold despite layering up & others are sitting there in short sleeves & are fine. I look like the Michelin man at bedtime I have so many layers on!
Has anyone else had this? Do you think its anything to worry about?
This is my second baby & didn't have this with my first.

Odaat Wed 26-Mar-14 19:29:38

I think i am very early on with dc 2 and have the exact same issue! At night i wake shivering. Very odd!

CitrusyOne Wed 26-Mar-14 19:32:03

I had it very early on, then the fatter I got the hotter I got!

Queenofknickers Wed 26-Mar-14 19:33:41

I had this - it was low blood pressure. Not a problem but very inconvenient.

ct148 Wed 26-Mar-14 20:21:26

Thanks for your replies!

Queen - interesting you mention low blood pressure because when I was pregnant with my first the midwives used to comment on how low my blood pressure was, so I wonder if it could be that. I don't remember feeling so cold though.

Boogles91 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:03:23

I have this still and am 24wks now. My hands and feet are always freezing like they have been in ice all the time, even my hubby jumps when i touch his hand there that cold. The only time there not is if im int the bath lol my doctor sed itwas down to smoking but i wernt pregnant at timecus i used to get sick of not being able to warm up sad x

OnABabyDiet Wed 26-Mar-14 21:03:34

I was absolutely freezing cold up to about 9wks with dc2, not at all with dd. It's completely disappeared now and I feel normal (haha) again! smile

Missingcaffeine Wed 26-Mar-14 21:05:56

I'm 14+4 and cold all the time. I don't think it helps my OH is always hot and opening windows despite it being 2C outside!

lilyblue5 Wed 26-Mar-14 22:20:46

I had this earlier on in my pregnancy, was constantly checking my temperature as I was paranoid I was shivering from a fever, it never was, I was just freezing! Now at 20 weeks I get sudden hot flushes and my face feels as though it's on fire!

One extreme to the other! I never mentioned to the MW but might be a good idea to just to be sure...

miki123 Wed 26-Mar-14 22:31:41

I am 30 weeks and ALWAYS freezing cold too...it's become a running joke in the office that I am frozen when everyone else is boiling hot - and there I was looking forward to finally feeling warmer ! I spoke to the MW abt this however she wasn't concerned....I don't think its anything to be worried about.

RaRa1988 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:00:55

I was frozen solid up until about 17 weeks, despite normally being a hot person - found it a bit disconcerting! My internal temperature got a bit more stable after that though, and now (29 weeks) I find I easily get way too hot. Believe me, the cold stage is far more comfortable! Incidentally, I too have very low blood pressure, but it's actually got lower since I've started getting hot so it's obviously not related for me.

twiglet2 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:05:43

I'm really early on (6 weeks) but I'm absolutely freezing. It's nice to know its not just me...

notaflamingclue Thu 27-Mar-14 10:10:46

Oh, glad I found this thread. I feel exactly the same - and I had low BP in my last pregnancy too. I recently had it taken after a procedure in hospital (before I got pg again) and they wouldn't let me get up for ages because it was so low. Thank you for explaining one weird symptom!

RaRa1988 Thu 27-Mar-14 10:51:12

I meant to say, being suddenly freezing was the main reason why I thought I was pg in the first place! Not a normal symptom obviously, but so incredibly different from how I usually am that it made me wonder. No idea what causes it.

frannie2013 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:28:40

Me too. I'm normally really warm too and it feels so odd. TMI - my nipples have felt like blocks of ice and SO SO Painful!! I've no tips to help but i'm 16 weeks and think everything is fine so just keep wrapping up! my sister said that she was just so hot all the way through, so i'm dreading summer when i bet i get really hot and sweaty - eurgh! (I'm due early sept).
hope alls ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now