Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

How/when did you lose your plug?

(12 Posts)
CarlyKins Wed 26-Mar-14 17:09:25

Hi ladies just wondering what your shows were like (if u had one). I'm 38 weeks haven't had a show but...noticed a little bit extra discharge yesterday so I'm wondering if this was me losing mine bit by bit as it definitely wasn't a full mucus plug. I'm just a bit concerned because the colour was yellow and I know that could mean infection, spoke to midwife today and she said it sounds ok because I have no itchiness or burning and baby is moving fine and just to keep an eye on it. Did any of u have yellow thickish discharge towards the end? Xx

MinnieMouse5678 Wed 26-Mar-14 17:41:20

I didn't have one! Went two weeks past due date, started labour naturally, had my waters broken artificially but never had a show!
Not every body does, and those who do can still be days or weeks from labour!

Diamondsareagirls Wed 26-Mar-14 17:42:01

I've started to lose mine over the last few days I think and its a clear colour but it comes out in jelly like blobs. I'm hoping it means things are getting a move on!

omri Wed 26-Mar-14 18:56:14

Last pregnancy I did lose the plug - noticed when I went to the loo one night- was brownish and a big blob. (Yuck. Sorry!) baby born 7 hrs later.

I'm 40+5 today and over past 2 days have had lots of extra clear discharge... So think it's coming away slowly... Waiting for a bloody streak or something though

Ditsydebs Wed 26-Mar-14 19:31:59

I had a show with both my DS got up for the loo and lost some think blood tinged discharge, as the day went on the discharge got heavier and bloodier and quite thick. Both were born within 24 hours.

K8eee Wed 26-Mar-14 20:22:24

I'm 40+3 weeks and have a lot more cm. sometimes it is tinged yellow, but have to wear a panty liner. This is my first so I have no idea what it looks like, but I'm hoping it's my body preparing for the reply thing to fall out

SomethingOnce Wed 26-Mar-14 21:38:33

I'm another who didn't get one last pregnancy, started labour naturally and had artificial rupture of membranes.

weebigmamma Wed 26-Mar-14 21:44:14

I was induced by pessary and lost the plug not long after. I don't remember my waters breaking or them being broken- probably off my face on the gas and air by that stage! ;-)

Misty9 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:55:29

I'm also 38wks and getting tons and tons of yellow discharge, so worry not smile
I lost a bit of plug couple weeks back, but it regenerates anyway. Last time I remember losing my plug just before labour. It was obvious what it was, and big blob of bloody mucus. Lovely.

I lost mine at about 38 weeks, it was like the jelly you get on meat pies (hope noone's eating one). I lost the last of it as a bloody show when the midwife gave me an incredibly rough sweep 8 hours after induction. Kick started labour and DS born 12 hours later at 39+1.

rachyconks Wed 26-Mar-14 22:06:17

I had spontaneous rupture of membranes, followed by a sweep at hospital and then a bloody show which went on for a good few hours. No mucus plug as such. This time (39+1 currently), I have had increased cm over the last couple of days, but nothing more (apart from endless Braxton hicks)!

CarlyKins Thu 27-Mar-14 15:39:20

Thanks for your replies everyone smile I will keep looking out for anything els, just hoping it is the plug slowly happening and not infection. Thankyouu smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now