Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I just be sick? Morning sickness help

(18 Posts)

I'm 7/8 weeks pregnant & I've got AWFUL nausea but I've not been sick. I know I would vomit if I say in front of the loo but don't want to if it isn't going to help.
Will I feel better if I do a big sick?? Not adverse to a vomit if it's going to help!

malterserslover Wed 26-Mar-14 16:29:22

Probably not what you want to hear but from my experience, it does not help.... the nausea will still be there even if you do vomit!

Just keep your fingers crossed that it will just stay as nausea, I hit 9 weeks and there was no keeping it in.......

inmybelly Wed 26-Mar-14 16:30:26

I find if I'm actually sick I feel a lot better for about 20 mins but then it slowly returns. I can't decide what I prefer, feeling sick constantly and not eating anything, or throwing up and feeling good enought to eat something.

I've used that 20 minute window to eat something and take my folic acid and then try and keep it down for as long as possible.

Balls. Will just keep shovelling in the ginger biscuits and stay away from the loo. Don't want to open any floodgates!

Coveredinweetabix Wed 26-Mar-14 16:34:35

I'm another one for whom actually vomiting didn't help in the least. Instead, I just had that uncomfortable feeling you get after vomiting so I stuck with just feeling sick. I figured that I was eating and drinking so little that keeping in what I actually was managing to consume was for the best. It's a miserable feeling.

I can "manage" my nausea all day and have to push myself to get near the loo to vomit. Its horrific, and involves more retching than actual sick but five minutes later I feel the best I have all day.

right now I could go and vomit. But I hate it so im lying down. I know if I do vomit ill feel better for it but its awful.

inmybelly Wed 26-Mar-14 16:44:20

That's like me Ken Adams, I dread it but feel better after

Kels13 Wed 26-Mar-14 16:44:34

Helps me for about half an hour after. Then as others have said back to normal. I got to the stage where I couldn't not be sick though, now back to almost being controllable. The joys! X

Sid77 Wed 26-Mar-14 16:46:32

I found that eating mints helped to dull the nausea, got through loads of polos! Being sick though, did not help.

Thanks everyone. May give it a try when DD goes to sleep and see if it helps. Had forgotten how awful the first trimester is (I think blanked out by how awful the third was and then the birth and then those first few sleep deprived weeks!)

Bootoyou2 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:45:47

Didn't feel any better after myself after vomiting. Also Once retching I would go on and on heaving (without being sick) until I forced myself to start sipping something or shoved a sweet in my mouth or ate a cracker or something.

Beccadugs Wed 26-Mar-14 19:47:39

I never felt better when I was sick. Bloody awful, and there was no
Let up or escape!

Hevava Wed 26-Mar-14 20:05:22

Aw it's horrible isn't it.

If it gives you some hope weeks 7 and 8 were my worst weeks. Vomiting changed to nausea in week 9 then felt better by week ten so the end may be nearer than you think. Hang in there!

MissMilbanke Wed 26-Mar-14 20:10:23

No, I don't think it helps.

Unlike a hangover sickness when throwing up can make you feel better <classy>

K8eee Wed 26-Mar-14 20:19:45

op I must be one of the few people who it did sort of help. Every morning for the first 18 weeks or so I would try and make myself sick. I got in a habit of brushing my tongue when I did my teeth in the mornings but I'd brush them in the shower as I always get mega sweaty when I'm sick. that way as well, it would just be stomach acid I would throw up. I was very rarely sick through out the day but found tiredness and lack of eating made it worse as my blood sugars were low too

CoolCat2014 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:07:57

I usually felt a lot better if I threw up, so obv everyone is different!

lighteningmcmama Wed 26-Mar-14 22:05:06

With dc1 and 2 I want in control of it, I just had to vomit. And I always had the overwhelming feeling of what a waste of time it was! Because I'd have spent ages trying to eat a meal, then if I vomited I was back to square one, empty tummy and need to try to eat again (because empty tummy made me sick too). It was such a waste of energy and time!

lighteningmcmama Wed 26-Mar-14 22:05:27

Wasn't not want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now