Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else enjoy "pretendy" shopping?

(11 Posts)

Nine weeks pg with dc2 (mind I also did this with dc1!) And I love getting online and filling my shopoing basket on various sites with lots of lovely baby stuff or labour bag stuff.

Never buy it grin but love cooing over the teeny socks and hats.

I know when the time comes ill go to one shop, get a few basics and thatll be that, but the virtual shopping has become my mew favourite hobby.

MrsMonkeyBear Tue 25-Mar-14 21:11:07

I do it too!!!! My amazon wish list is full of stuff I'll probably never buy. I'm a bit of a geek and all the stuff I love is very boy orientated and guaranteed it'll be a girl!!!
Xxx

Donnakim Tue 25-Mar-14 21:21:08

Still only TTC and DH is now resigned to the usual quick walk around Mothercare before we do our weekly shop in Sainsburys next door!

Love those teeny tiny socks!

grin glad im not alone

TKKW Tue 25-Mar-14 21:35:31

Yep, kinda guilty of this too. Having second of same sex, so have loads of things already but still have a look in mothercare and on line. That said, need some little bits like new mattresses etc so kind of justified!

Sleepyhoglet Wed 26-Mar-14 18:25:31

Only 5 weeks but in cath kidston dh pointed at some patterned babygros in the sale. I had to say no, not yet. Meanwhile at home I'm buying all sorts on the internet he doesn't know about!!

grin

My dh is sensible to the nth degree.

I didnt get a crib with dd, so have already told.him im getting the crib ive always wanted with this dc. Its only £40, and we need not much else, so I am having it whether he thinks we need it or not.

MrsWombat Wed 26-Mar-14 19:10:22

I am 7 weeks.

I have an amazon wish list. I also walk down the baby aisles when I pop to Asda, and add more stuff to my amazon list. grin I look at the John Lewis and Baby Gap website and make mental notes of what I like, but they aren't sensible purchases for a November baby, or when DC1's stuff is in the loft.

In the early stages I used to wander round baby shops for ages getting misty eyed that soon I would have a tiny person to put in the gorgeous little outfits, 'choosing' books and soft toys.

I'm sure the sales assistant at Mamas and Papas thought I was there to shoplift a baby.

Chipandspuds Thu 27-Mar-14 06:40:38

I'm exactly the same! I am also making lists of things I want to buy and searching online where I want to buy them, I am even thinking way too far ahead and thinking if potential names and birth plans!

It's very hard not to get excited!

rockstars12 Thu 27-Mar-14 07:46:31

Lol I had thought about all of this whilst ttc. Have to admit I'd even bought some bargain baby clothes in next sale. I figured if I am not fortunate enough to use them then there's plenty of people know I'd be able to give them to as gifts. I justified myself by saying its a SALE item and will save money in the long run. I'm thinking ahead to June sales now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now