Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pubic bone pain - what is it..?

(7 Posts)
Daytona79 Tue 25-Mar-14 15:29:23

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow and last two days my pubic bone has started to hurt, like underneath rather than say the front. It's feels as if maybe if bashed the bone but I've not. Hurt when I walk.

I'm dreading getting that SPD thing as my sister had it and ended up in wheelchair , my husband works month on month off on oil rigs so if I become none mobile it will be a nightmare for me as no one to help me

Does anyone know what might be causing the pain..??

Daytona79 Tue 25-Mar-14 15:30:37

Should of said it does not hurt if I press on the area..

Sweetpea86 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:06:28

The only thing I can think of is SPD sorry Hun I'm 37 weeks and feel useless. I need crutches I'm in that much pain. Spend most of pregnacy throwing up now that's gone I'm spending it in agony with spd.

Pro straight to midwife or GP and sort it early I'm pregnant with my first and didn't no what it was I just thought it was part and parcel of pregnancy. If you start physio early it might not get as bad

IHaveSeenMyHat Tue 25-Mar-14 17:12:28

Yep, classic SPD. I was unlucky enough to start getting symptoms at 14 weeks as well.

JustDanni Tue 25-Mar-14 18:11:41

Could be SPD or ligament pain.
I thought it was SPD but iy passed after a few days. Sometimes it returns and feels like cramping and aches.

schmalex Tue 25-Mar-14 18:15:41

Definitely get to a physio or osteopath sooner rather than later. I had SPD from 20 weeks but was able to stop it from getting any worse due to seeking treatment quickly. A sacroiliac belt was a lifesaver for me.

I found that it stopped as soon as I gave birth (last Friday!)

Daytona79 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:09:29

Ok got chiro on Thursday

Already have a sacroiliac belt from horse riding injury, so will get it on ASAP.

My sister swore by this book to do with helping pelvic pain so away to start the exercises , hopefully I can up it in the bud before it takes a hold ;-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now