Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy money grant?

(30 Posts)
beckiebee04 Tue 25-Mar-14 10:57:32

Is there Anything you can claim why pregnant? I work full time but heard people can get about £200 or so why pregnant to help with costs?

PenguinsEatSpinach Wed 26-Mar-14 21:55:22

I don't know masses. There were loads of threads when it came in though that might still be easily searchable for resources?

We already had our two children when it came in, so nothing changed and DH did a tax return to repay it. I will have to work out what happens with the current bump. smile

Fairypants Wed 26-Mar-14 21:57:14

Greentshirt- we have just gone though the child benefit thing. If one person earns over 50k, you have to pay tax on the cb through self assessment. If one of you earns over 60k you don't get anything. That's how our accountant explained it anyway.
The government will still have a record of the child as you will register the birth and probably apply for a passport and register with nhs etc so I wouldn't worry about that.

TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 26-Mar-14 22:29:51

Greentshirt, I wasn't commenting on your asking. I was commenting on rose saying not everyone gets it... Obviously that's true but the majority of people do and to assume a massive assumption... OP is asking about maternity grants so I'm assuming she doesn't earn 50k plus...

TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 26-Mar-14 22:31:22

Which was roses response to clargos post grin

Just a thought - for those working who get some kind of healthcover, check if there's a maternity or childbirth grant.

Im not in a massively well paid job, but I think I get £180 for 'popping one out' with my free work scheme smile it applies to partners as well, so potentially double bonus for a couple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now