Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Knickers recommendations

(18 Posts)

Am only ten weeks but as its my second ive got a rounded bump already. Having anything directly across it exacerbates the sickness so im in maternity jeans and leggings already.

im struggking with knickers. I have been tucking them under, but they sort of roll at the sides. Any "big nickers" just cut right across.

Can anyone recommend comfy maternity knickers?

mummytobejuly2014 Tue 25-Mar-14 09:57:36

What about low rise ones? im 25wks and have gone from an 8 to a 10 but still in the same shape/style as before

PretzelPrincess Tue 25-Mar-14 10:06:31

Yeah I wore low rise ones before pregnancy and just bought the same ones in a bigger size.

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 25-Mar-14 10:08:58

I have just worn the non-maternity boy short style all through three pregnancies with no problems. Have you tried those?

Ill give that a try. My bump seems to come right up from my pubic bone to my ribs confused so concerned there might be two in there!

Yeah ive got boy short style but the waistband cuts across and makes.me want to vom.

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 25-Mar-14 10:10:41

Ah, we must be a different shape. Even at 36 weeks currently mine don't touch the bump.

They mught be ok when the bump rises a bit but its very low atm

mummytobejuly2014 Tue 25-Mar-14 10:15:56

my bump is really low but none of my knickers have heavy/tight waistbands so I dont even notice. you could try those super soft no VPL ones that are seamless

whiteblossom Tue 25-Mar-14 13:52:18

I've just bought some m&s, NVPL low rise knickers (not shorts, not brazillian!) they were in the sale £2 each so I bought a handful in two sizes, I figured I'd use both sizes along the way- I hate bulging from underwear, I like a smooth invisible knicker grin they are available online too.

I normally have high rise in the NVPL but these now roll down and Ive noticed a bit of side bulge hence bigger sizes (already agghh!!)

hth

Tomkat79 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:09:55

It might be a bit too early for these but Bon prix online of all places do the best over bump maternity pants! They are sooo comfy and offer much needed support. Finding anything suitable before finding them was a nightmare!

mrsbug Tue 25-Mar-14 17:23:30

I just wore granny pants in a bigger size. Dd is 15 months and I still wear granny pants, I'm a total convert.

GingerRodgers Tue 25-Mar-14 17:23:39

H&m do some nice maternity under bump pants ken? I get that sickness when things touch the bump- bleurgh. Wouldn't advise over bump.

greentshirt Tue 25-Mar-14 17:34:06

I like the mothercare under bump ones, I was same as you at first, the massive knickers just cut across me and made it feel worse. Have been pleased with the mothercare ones

AnnaBanana25 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:49:36

I've been rocking primark undies, nice and comfy. I don't rate the mother care ones... My mum got me a pack and just wore them for the first time today, major wedgie warning!!!

Expectingtwins1975 Tue 25-Mar-14 17:50:59

Having tried lots and lots of different knickers I finally found some that I like - I bought some Emma jane over the bump maternity knickers - ridiculously expensive at £8.50 a pair but so totally worth it. I bought mines from boots as they had them on special offer.

greentshirt Tue 25-Mar-14 17:55:53

Ha Anna you must have a small bum, I cant get even size 20 to fit me in there at the moment and im nowhere near a 20!

mummytobejuly2014 Tue 25-Mar-14 19:57:31

m.newlook.com/application/product/view?cat=302281510 newlook no VPL, these are what I live in. wouldn't even know you are wearing them, I've sized up in them so wearing a 10. nice & comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now