Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Flu at 33 weeks with 2 yo DD...

(7 Posts)
MrsRV Mon 24-Mar-14 17:51:03

... just saying, cry cry, sob sob.

emmelinelucas Mon 24-Mar-14 18:11:53

If you had flu, OP you couldnt post on here.
Its a horrible, nasty cold, which can make you feel very ill indeed.

You will feel better soon - about 3 days, with lots of fluids and rest.
[strict, but kindly matrons emoticon]

nevergoogle Mon 24-Mar-14 18:15:10

haha, what a helpful post emmeline!

when people say that, i assume they think it's not possible to be recovering from flu. it's not like MrsRV has written war and peace in her OP.

i'd send you a hug, but i really don't want to catch it at this stage thanks. 37+3

emmelinelucas Mon 24-Mar-14 18:24:39

I thought I was being helpful - that it cant be flu if someone (OP) can post then its not so bad.
The delirium, violent sweats, etc render anyone incapable.

I didnt mean to be flippant, or dismissive. Unkind, even.

rachyconks Mon 24-Mar-14 18:26:00

MrsRV i completely sympathise!! I had it around 33 weeks too with 15 month old DD. There was times I thought I would rather be dead. It was horrible. Never felt so ill in my life and couldn't take a thing for it. Ended up with a chest infection too and had to get anti-b's. I felt so much better once they started kicking in.

GeraldineFangedVagine Mon 24-Mar-14 18:29:02

There are several strains of flu and it is possible to have a milder version. I had type A in january but you can have b and c which are horrible but not quite as bad.

MrsRV Mon 24-Mar-14 18:52:28

I do feel very ill indeed and the Dr has been out (as i could barely walk) to confirm I have a viral infection which is basically the flu but I don't have the cold symptoms. currently boiling hot & sweating buckets. thank god hubby is home. please never let me get ill with a newborn & a toddler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now