Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Treating Low blood sugar

(4 Posts)

For the past two weeks I have really been suffering I wake up faint and shaky! And need to eat every two hours otherwise I feel awful.

The midwife told me if I need to eat eat! And doing an online search told me to carry sweets and fizzy drinks!

I asked my friend who recently had her DS and she said she suffered and was told to do the same thing.

I'm 10 stone I was regularly excersising before pregnancy but told to stop due to a bruise on my uterus and I gain weight very easily plus I do not want to live on a diet of sugar for the babies sake as well as my weight.

Is there anything else I can do when I feel like this as it happens 3-4 times a day.

0rexie0 Mon 24-Mar-14 16:27:23

Eat small meals of foods with slow release of energy, very frequently.

0rexie0 Mon 24-Mar-14 16:28:44

High sugar foods are not good unless you really urgently need to bring your sugar up quickly. They cause levels to spike and drop. Check out a diabetes website for advice in how to maintain blood sugar levels.

Ok thanks for the advice. I've Been eating a lot of fruit does that have the same spike effect ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now