Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Maternity jeans - alternative to topshop Leigh?

(21 Posts)
Ellboo Mon 24-Mar-14 13:14:27

Last pregnancy I lived in my topshop Leigh mat jeans, but they have sagged (understandably - heavy wear!) bought a new pair this time round but fit was bizarre - really baggy at top of thighs. Curses! So they have been retuned and I am after slim-ish fit blue jeans with a good fit that don't sag. they don't have to be a bargain, will pay up to £50 for good 'uns. It would be a bonus if they didn't fall down when I pick up my toddler, and I hate over-bump trousers. Help!

PenguinsEatSpinach Mon 24-Mar-14 13:23:14

Well, they aren't super skinny, but I've found New Look under bump skinnies better than some of the more expensive jeans. And am still living in them now at 8 months. They don't fall down. Last few weeks the bump band bit has a tendency to fold over under my massive bump, but they still stay up firmly and it's comfortable.

Ellboo Mon 24-Mar-14 13:32:12

Thanks! Will have a look. My calves would not work with super-skinny so they sound good.

SandwichBag Mon 24-Mar-14 13:52:33

ASOS Skinny under bump jeans are very soft and comfy. I love mine smile

CoolCat2014 Mon 24-Mar-14 14:03:45

I love my mothercare skinny jeans smile

K8eee Mon 24-Mar-14 16:45:14

with penguin on this one. currently just over 40 weeks in my new look skinnys and can agree now I'm bigger the band folds over, but then a huge bump. probably would do that grin I always have a problem getting leggings to fit my tiny ankles too, but these jeans are great and a bargain too. They wash really well as well

mummytobejuly2014 Mon 24-Mar-14 17:01:49

I have size 10 topshop Leigh & hate them, really baggy crotch on them, constantly pulling them up when I get up. have tried every pair in new look same problem.in new look a size 10 just abt fits my calves but have a massive waist & if I were to wash them id never get my legs in them. I found h&m straight leg to be good in size 10 only they were too long

BakingBunty Mon 24-Mar-14 17:42:03

I've found Seraphine to be a very similar cut to Topshop Leigh - I've got both. With you on the under bump front, I find over bump feels really claustrophobic! I know that's a bit weird!

K8eee Mon 24-Mar-14 18:29:13

baking I thought exactly the same. I felt like a kid when my mum used to send me to school in tights & trousers in the winter to keep warm confused

lucy101 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:05:49

I liked Topshop Baxter, skinnyish but thick material and very stretchy.

morerummorefun Mon 24-Mar-14 19:23:30

I like h&m just got a new pair of big belly warmers as my bumps really low and the under bump band was starting to dig in. new look have a good range and most of the bigger stores have a maternity section so you can actually try them on x

Tex111 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:33:12

I loved my Gap maternity jeans. Wish I could find a pair of jeans that fit as well now.

princesspeach84 Mon 24-Mar-14 19:42:07

I definitely second the ASOS skinny jeans - soooo soft and stretchy and comfortable! With the second pregnancy I bought some Leigh jeans off ebay and I lived in them, perhaps the new season ones have changed. Plus the Dorothy Perkins ones are amazing too.

Inbl00m Mon 24-Mar-14 20:10:40

Another vote for ASOS - just got these:

www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Ridley-Supersoft-Skinny-Jean-With-Stretch-Waistband-In-Indigo/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3783962&SearchQuery=asos%20ridley%20maternity&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Indigo

and they're INCREDIBLY comfy. They come in loads of different colours too. Rightly or wrongly I'm planning on wearing mine post-baby as they're so nice!

beckiebee04 Tue 25-Mar-14 11:04:20

I just got jean like leggings and they're my life saver. Not maternity but they're so comfy

callamia Tue 25-Mar-14 11:09:36

I had a gap pair that were great, and were even better post-birth!

DougalTheCheshireCat Tue 25-Mar-14 11:16:01

Boden pregnancy jeans. Soft foldy thing at top can be over or under bump. I started off with it under but started to enjoy over to keep my bump warm/ for a bit of extra support. Also has elastic thingys with buttons inside so you can tighten up a bit/ loosen for more space as your bump grows and still have them staying up.

I quite miss them really grin

mummytobejuly2014 Tue 25-Mar-14 12:52:39

i got a boden pair off ebay, hoping they're the right fit smile

Ilovebean Tue 25-Mar-14 12:59:59

Sadly I'm too fat for skinny jeans (even before pregnancy, I've just had big legs) but I got some nice maternity jeans from Primark for �7. They've lasted so well so far and are very cosy.

Reb3cca Tue 25-Mar-14 16:17:33

Ok so I HATE maternity clothes... or I should say hated... I bought my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday from primark of all places and I am literally in love! They are still nice and skinny and fitted but so comfy around my bump - check out my maternity video on what I purchased here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3bLjGSHMZE&index=3&list=UU-DxGKz7B0xh_zSDzgnL2cw

NauseousKitty Tue 25-Mar-14 20:43:26

Gap has good maternity jeans - I have lived in them this time and last!. I prefer boot cut but they do skinnies as well. My skinnies from H&M are really comfy as well but over bump, so prob not right for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now