Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Measuring over

(4 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Mon 24-Mar-14 10:53:13

I'm 36+4 days and when the midwife measured me this morning she said I was 41 measuring.

She didn't seem to say anything about it but is that ok?

shineypeacock Mon 24-Mar-14 10:58:52

I measured over from about 34 weeks, 1-2 weeks more than i should. The day before my due date i measured 53cm, baby arrived 4days later at 8lb 8oz, after predictions of being over 10lb.

Dont worry, im sure you will be fine.

Inglori0us Mon 24-Mar-14 12:01:20

I've been measuring between 1 and 6 weeks over since 28 weeks. Had GTT and growth scan. Baby is big but my dh is 6'5" and my dd was a very long baby do nobody is worried. Also breech which makes you measure big. A lot of it is down to baby's position so don't worry. The measuring isn't an exact science and different people have measured me and got different numbers. They allow + or - 2cm anyway.
Don't panic! smile

Theyda Mon 24-Mar-14 14:24:59

I've been measuring over all the way through by a couple of cm. Had a private scan recently where they measured him and he's just below the average size so I don't think it bears too much on the actual size. My midwife said herself it's all a bit subjective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now