Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just had baby 6 weeks ago really bad tummy ache

(6 Posts)
Fedup1992 Sun 23-Mar-14 21:52:13

Hi my baby is 6 weeks old iv got really bad tummy ache just above my section scar (that's all healed)

Iv stopped bleeding but I often get a watery but brown really bad smelling bit of fluid that comes out of my lady bits.

Is this an infection ? Xxx

misspoirot Sun 23-Mar-14 21:59:01

Hmm, I found the bleeding stopped and started a lot at this stage which I believe is normal but the fact that you say it smells could indicate an infection. Best to get it checked out with your go. Have you had your 6 week appt yet?

misspoirot Sun 23-Mar-14 22:00:11

*gp not go! Sorry.

Fedup1992 Sun 23-Mar-14 22:01:09

No iv not had one yet! Gunna book in this week. It's a tiny bit of fluid that stinks just made my bf smell haha he said it's horrid xxx

misspoirot Sun 23-Mar-14 22:13:37

Ha the things our men do for us! In that case I'd definitely make an appt tomorrow, better to be on the safe side, especially when you need all your energy for your little one, congratulations by the way!

Jcb77 Mon 24-Mar-14 12:13:41

Fedup - posted on your other thread too. If you have pain and signs of infection then you do need urgent medical input. Hopefully it'll all be nothing but with recent surgery and a smelly discharge you could have an internal infection that needs sorting ASAP. I really wouldn't wait til sometime this week to get an appointment. At least speak to a midwife or health visitor today, if you haven't already done do.
Hope you're well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now