Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Anyone fed up with everything being out down to "pregnancy hormones"?

(4 Posts)
Poppet77 Sun 23-Mar-14 13:50:09

Something that has bugged me for a while is that it seems that I am not taken seriously on account of being pregnant. I know I have been effected by by hormones but am well aware of when this is happening. For example, I cried persistently last Sunday for no good reason, just being very overwhelmed and I was well aware this was pregnancy hormones. So sometimes i am more tearful but thats about it. However, both my DH and people I manage at work have dismissed some valid grievances with moodiness due to my pregnancy, when I know full well that these would have been issues when I was not pregnant. It is almost used as a reason that I must always be in the wrong! Is this just me or do others feel sometimes that they are not taken seriously?

hubbahubster Sun 23-Mar-14 18:16:33

Totally with you. Also I get colleagues asking me 'how long have you got?' on a daily basis, like I'm dying it something!

AnnaBanana25 Sun 23-Mar-14 18:34:12

Agreed. In the same respect, iI'm not comfortable with pregnancy get out clauses...Like preggo brain... I was recently frustrated that I didn't do something as well as I should have and got told, it is OK because pregnant women are confused and forgetful because of hormones. Actually, I wanted to do it better, and know I can, pregnant or not!

KitKat1985 Sun 23-Mar-14 21:13:02

Oh lord yes. I actually find it quite patronising to be told that every time I'm pissed off or a bit tearful that it gets put down to 'hormones'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now