Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

No symptoms....

(7 Posts)
Linguini Sun 23-Mar-14 12:36:08

.... None whatsoever !??! I am 6 weeks pg (apparently). I think my boobs are bigger, but they're not exactly sore, aren't you supposed to have nausea and cravings etc by now? I'm a bit disappointed, and also worried it means something is wrong. Can this be normal?

Dazedconfused Sun 23-Mar-14 12:46:45

firstly congratulations!!!

I didn't get any symptoms until about 6.5 weeks then the nausea, sickness, sore boobs and tiredness hit like a brick so try not to worry sure is all fine. everybody is different so your normal won't be the exact same as anyone else.

Poppet77 Sun 23-Mar-14 13:08:08

Hi, I didn't get any symptoms at all. I am 20 weeks now. Boobs were also slightly bigger and I put on weight but then I was eating more just because I thought I should! I also felt quite tired from about 9 weeks, but again, I have always needed my sleep! It was very un-nerving and I ended up going for an early scan at 9 weeks where they found a heart beat, and 12 week scan also fine. So to reassure you, no symptoms doesn't mean anything (unless you have loads and they suddenly disappear within the first trimester): everyone's body responds differently, and even if you have symptoms with a first doesn't mean you will with a second and visa versa. Hope that puts your mind at rest.

Linguini Sun 23-Mar-14 13:35:38

That's very reassuring thank U... I am paying attention to every tiny twinge and feeling ! Driving myself a bit mental in the process. I'm sure all will be fine smile

wispaxmas Sun 23-Mar-14 13:49:21

I didn't have any first trimester symptoms, don't worry. Loads don't feel sick until 8 weeks +, but honestly just be happy you're not suffering like most. Im 30 weeks now and just starting to get normal pregnancy symptoms now and I can tell you I would prefer not to have heartburn and weird aches.

And there's not a real correlation between no symptoms and miscarriage. Lots of people think loss of symptoms means a missed miscarriage, but quite often with mmc you continue to have symptoms of pregnancy that you already had. So, unless you're bleeding and cramping as well as not puking your guts out I wouldn't give it too much thought.

Congratulations!! wink

ruthsmumkath Mon 24-Mar-14 16:23:28

Hi

I'm 29 weeks and this is number 4 - the only symptoms I've had have been getting a bump and being a bit more tired.

Apparently we are some of the lucky ones.....

Kathryn

Kri5ty Mon 24-Mar-14 16:26:02

Don't worry at all! Enjoy being symptom free :-)
with my last one and this one i had nothing until week 9, slight nausea for 2 weeks, then nothing until the 3rd trimester when spd kicked in xx

congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now