Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby bouncers

(29 Posts)
icklekid Sun 23-Mar-14 06:29:03

Morning all, was intrigued by another thread looking for advice on essentials for baby on a budget that a bouncer came up a few times. I had presumed this was more a nice to have/luxury. Have since looked into it and can't believe the range in features/cost! Anything from £15-£150+ So I could use some advice...

Found thus basic model with good reviews
www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_163946_10001

This one that vibrates..,
www.mothercare.com/Fisher-Price%C2%AE-Rainforest-Friends-Bouncer/593504,default,pd.html#q=bouncer

This one that vibrates and plays lullabies
https://m.mamasandpapas.com/products.php?category=rockers-bouncers+swings/shop-by/baby+bouncers#product-4702G4600

I'm not sure I can justify spending more than that unless someone can persuade me that one is worth it! What is baby doesn't like it?!
Thanks in advance.,.

Shroomboom Sun 23-Mar-14 12:27:47

We have two basic ones, one upstairs and one downstairs. They are used every single day! Definitely get one but I'm not sure about the all singing all dancing ones - dd is content with simple vibrations on one and dangly toys on the other as was ds before her smile

Waggamamma Sun 23-Mar-14 14:46:44

We had the fisher price one for ds1 and it was great. We've bought the same one again for ds2. The vibrations seemed to send him off tp sleep and keep him asleep. I also sat him at the bathroom door in it whilst I had a shower, it kept him gappy enough for 20mins. Absolute essential in my opinion.

NomDeClavier Sun 23-Mar-14 14:55:25

We have the Baby Bjorn one. Love it. Love that it flat packs too!

ShadowFall Sun 23-Mar-14 15:13:02

We have a second hand Fisher Price one similar to the second one linked.

DS1 & 2 both liked sitting in it - and it's handy to have somewhere safe to put a baby - but they both liked the dangly toy bar far more than the vibrating function.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now