Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If restless leg syndrome does not dissipate after this baby is born....

(37 Posts)
weebigmamma Sun 23-Mar-14 01:36:46

.... I don't know what I'll feckin do. I feel like I could cope with ANYTHING else. Bloody horrendous. Think i'll be awake and pacing the house for the next 3 weeks.

YNK Sun 23-Mar-14 22:18:13

It could be it was going to go anyway or it might have been a placebo.
In any case I am glad you are fine now, sheepskin.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sun 23-Mar-14 23:10:42

funnily enough it sometimes starts up at night and when I check its because the soap has fallen off the end of the bed smile

weebigmamma Mon 24-Mar-14 04:31:40

Happy to report that, whether because of the soap or not, I am sleeping much better tonight. Thank god for that, I was going insane. Anyway, the soap smells nice so it can stay for at least as long as I'm able to sleep without the torture.

ToAvoidConversation Mon 24-Mar-14 06:06:31

I've had this for long as I remember. Keeping my legs cool and raising them on a pillow brings a little relief.

procrastinatingagain Mon 24-Mar-14 06:14:17

Pregnancy multi vits stopped mine immediately. I still get it now I'm not pregnant and Wss managing it by stretching, but have started taking multi vits and minerals and it's gone again. I'm clearly lacking something, not sure what though!

procrastinatingagain Mon 24-Mar-14 06:15:25

I do know I'm not anaemic though

weebigmamma Mon 24-Mar-14 07:24:47

I've been taking the pregnancy vitamins for a while now and I've also been keeping legs up on a pillow because my feet have swollen to balloons lol. I did have a great night's sleep in comparison with the last few weeks. So glad. I hope it continues!

lanbro Mon 24-Mar-14 07:27:21

Try Biofreeze, just slather it on as soon as you feel the first tingle. Mine was horrendous during pregnancy but I still get it when I'm very tired.

procrastinatingagain Mon 24-Mar-14 15:00:22

Also try stretching your calves by standing with just the toes and balls of your feet on a step and letting your heels drop down. Hope that makes sense! It used to help mine a lot.

Rosa Mon 24-Mar-14 15:04:39

Sympathy - drove me mad some nights. I ate sooo many Bananas ( which did help a bit). I used to elevate high like on the bead head and then drop down fast - whilst I was sitting and dh would massage like mad. Helpe d a bit.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Mon 24-Mar-14 16:15:46

smile hurrah for good nights sleep weebig

weebigmamma Mon 24-Mar-14 16:51:09

Thanks all! I will check out Biofreeze. I have been doing that tippytoes exercise but it doesn't seem to help me much. Crossing fingers for another pain-free night!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now